Originally Posted by Aerolegends
Ok time to put an end to this:
I am a gold player and helping this account (my brother's) to climb elo. Elo hell exists in a sense that the new ranking system is broken as **** . Old ranking system was super easy to climb , just win more than you lose if you are so good as you claim. Like everyone has said other team has higher chance of troll and you can make up for the troll in your team.
Anyhow in the new system i got a 9 win streak on my bro's account and then lost 2 games because my team had 2 feeders and 1 afk (even a gold player cant carry a 2v5) and enemy team was cc-o-plenty. Guess wut ? 2 games completely deleted my progress from the 9 win streak. So you can see the new ranked is just *******. And then i advance to bronze 4 one time get 6 wins straight in bronze 4 and then lose 2 games and guess wut ? back in bronze 5 with 50 points -________________-
So for your tips :
1.stick to midlane ( easy to gank top AND bot from mid)
2.pick a champion that is tanky/slippery/hard to kill, preferably one that is also an assassin or has good burst. ( dont worry if they are not mid champs, in bronze it doesnt matter)
3.Roam to bot and top often. you asked when to roam ? here is when:
Poke enemy mid to death. Make sure she is either very low or dead
Push your lane right into enemy turret.
Put a little bit of hurt on the turret. Then run back and through jungle to top/bot.
4. SNOWBALLL off of mid/top/bot: cant stress this hard enough but if you are as good as you claim , you should be able to snowball hard unless enemy pantheon is 20/0 by 5 min mark.
5. here is a dik tip: ks/take all the kills you can. people might disagree but kills are way more useful in hands of a good player then rest of your dumb team.
6. SNOWBALL your team to victory. focus enemy adc and unguarded turrets. Dont be afraid to dive 1v1 if you have snowballed.
7.DO NOT rage or encourage raging or blame. so many games lose due to this. throw good jobs/encouragments and sorrys all the time.
8. focus the fed players on enemy team. usually their adc or bruiser.
9. DO NOT CHASE. I fail myself here but most of bronze league has a bad habit of chasing low health targets deep into enemy jungle when half or all of enemy team is mia. Almost always leads to your teammates death and the low target health escaping.
10. learn and mater the art of baiting and recognizing baits. dont get baited. Ping your team often.
11. WARD x1000
Have fun !
Yo dude, thats nice of you but the system really is the same as before, bronze 5 is just extra annoying since the bottom of bronze 5 is like 800 elo and your brother was probably way lower, so you have to win a ridiculous number of wins when he is that low, every win makes a difference it is just hard to see the changes the way the system is in Tier 5 of every tier.
Bronze 5 being the worst.
another example is say i just hit gold and go on a major losing streak, but i cant get demoted out of gold, so say i go on a big win streak after. you would think i would get alot of points but really i dont get that much, since i have to make up all the loses and then win more to go up.
I Hope that helps clear things up