I want to show you something
Let's take a moment to look at the inner workings of the internet. I don't know if you noticed, you're kind of in the middle of nowhere. And if we look even closer, you appear to be in the middle of a networking nightmare.
Now If we look at lines leading out of your country, you have about 10 of them...
Figure 1. Telecommunication Lines Leading out of Australia
Now if we look at these, a total of none (zero) of them connect to the US directly. Your best option in connecting to the USA is by using either of two lines both owned by "Southern Cross". One line connects through New Zealand, Western Samoa, and Hawaii before reaching the continental US, somewhere around the Santa Monica region (Riot Headquarters Territory). The other line connects through Fiji, then through Hawaii before reaching the continental US around the Newport Region (Not Riot Headquarters Territory), but connecting through this line would also require your connection to travel downland some hundreds of miles before finally making it to the Riot office. [http://submarine-cable-map-2013.telegeography.com/]
Figure 2. Telecommunication Lines Leading out of Australia Bearing Some Intermediate Connection with the USA (Forgive me if you have to squint, you genuinely are that far away)
Now because of these mentioned problems, it would seem obvious that the Australian server would have to be located locally, either within Australia, or somewhere near the Australian region. Well there's really only one problem with that. Last time I checked, Riot headquarters was located in USA, Santa Monica, California. Now, while riot also has locations in Saint Louis, Dublin, Seoul, Sao Paulo, Istanbul, and Moscow [http://www.riotgames.com/careers]
, the closest of these to Australia is the Riot office located in Seoul, which still has a total distance of about 5181.23 Miles (8338.38 KM)[http://www.distancefromto.net/]
Figure 3. List of Riot Office Locations and their Distance in Miles (and Kilometers) to Sydney, Australia
So you are, at this point, essentially asking Riot to magically open up a business, in a Region completely unfamiliar to them, or anyone for that matter. (go ahead and try to Google search for Online Gaming Companies, I already did [https://www.google.com/search?q=Game...+in+australia]
and while I certainly found Video Gaming companies, I didn't find any that were specifically geared towards online play, at least not in the sense that Riot is) And you want it all done, right now, Just to satisfy your wishes, because no other gaming company in the world does it, but somehow Riot is obligated to because you're angry and you want it.
- Your internet is a god damn nightmare.
- Maybe I'm just selfish pig American, but I'm honestly sick of you *****ing.
- No other gaming company has an Australian internet server, because your internet just plainly sucks (refer to bullet one)
- Even if you want an Australian server now, or tomorrow or yesterday, Riot would actually have to take time to communicate with people (People in Australia, I.E. People who own servers in Australia, I.E. People who own a server farm, in Australia, I.E. People who own a ****ty run down dying business, because oh yeah (refer to bullet three, then to bullet one) that's right, your internet sucks.
- And who honestly is going to abandon their NA account and all its purchases just because an Australia server opened UP. If the NA server that is today suddenly became the West NA server, and the East NA server opened up, I can guarantee I would not switch just because the East NA server is closer
So, to be blunt,
I'm sick of hearing you complain. I'm sick of your unrealistic un-educated goals. Go accept the fact that your internet sucks, start saving enough money to make your own damn direct telecommunications line to the USA, move, move on, or just ****ing deal with it.