Originally Posted by YangTianChou
but the thing is i never seen much alistar around.. am not sure why though... if he is really viable i would expect more people to play him... persoanlly i don't own him, and i don't know anyone who pro him... you might want to give him a try on free week first..unless you don't care the 450 ip..
Well he's generally not considered viable due to a number of reasons
1) Hard to use properly (Headbutt positioning, Timing Flash Pulverize, Ult usage etc.)
2) Long CD's even at Max CDR
3) Zero versatility (cannot jungle, solo, and is an average ganker)
4) Poor farming capabilities (though if u go AP he farms easily with Pulverize)
5) Low damage output (of course he's a tank but still other top tier tanks can do what he does and dish out solid dps)
6) Headbutt still glitches (no damage and no knockback)
That said I still play him as a main as I enjoy him the most out of all the tanks. Currently he is being re-worked as we speak so he will be undergoing some changes soon, check out Guinsoo's post on Ali if you want to see the details.