Vampiric Scepter (starting item)
Ionian boots of Lucidity
(Depending on how well you farmed/killed at this point)
either Emblem of Valour or Stark's Frevor (regardless, grab Starks ASAP)
Let me explain why these 3 items should be the build for every Renekton:
- While Renekton should be a carry, his abilities rely more on reducing the enemy armor and draining as much health as possible, and keeping them still. His ult gives him a bunch of health back, which works wonders with his passive.
- With that said, Renekton builds around three ideas, that every auto attack gives him fury, that he reduces the enemy armor, and he gets health back. Ionian boots are amazing on Renekton because while his Q does have a much faster CD after the patch, his W and E are still 10+ second CDs, as such CDR makes him able to use those much faster.
- Stark's Fervor is a cheap teamfight based item, however with the large AS bonus to himself and passive 20% lifesteal, Renekton takes full advantage of ALL his abilities when using that item to its fullest, regardless of whether or not the team has another ranged or melee carry. Reducing enemy armor helps him and allies, and the health regen on the item is a plus for everyone regardless. It is almost a sin not to build Stark's on Renekton regardless of the situation.
- Finally we come to the mandatory defensive item spirit visage. While it gives a bit of defensive stats like health and magic resist, what really makes visage useful is the CDR and the self-healing buff! With even more CDR, his W, E, and R will come up immensely faster. Self-Healing only makes his Q all the more powerful, talk about healing for large amounts of damage when in a teamfight or even farming on your own! We are talking Tyrndamere healing here!
The last 3 items are situational and based upon how the enemy is built FIRST, before your team. As a melee carry you benefit only so much from going Soul Stroud or other team-based items, you should focus at this point on some damage items.
- Madreds is useful for more AS, damage, and abilities to blow up tanks even faster
- Brutalizer (maybe even into Ghostblade) is useful when the enemy is packing some Armor!
- Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge are for "KILL THOSE CASTERS FAST" builds
- Guardian Angel, Randuins are for "Gotta live long in this teamfight to stun/help my team kill" builds
- Frozen Mallet is useful for chasing.
Please understand this simple concept: It is up to YOU to decide how the last three items will build, I could carry this on to about 6+ builds for different situations, but as this is not a guide to renekton I am only giving some hints
But what do I know? I mean, I only played him on the free week, I can't be an expert for every champ, but my build does net me my ganks and get me assists while dying far less times.