As many of you know, we recently announced a new foray into the cooperative gamespace. We also warned you that we’ve been working on our AI, and that our bots are looking quite a bit more intimidating these days. We’re willing to wager, however, that some of you still don’t believe!
So, in an effort to sway the skeptics, we here at Riot Games are preparing a little demonstration for your viewing pleasure. On Wednesday, the 9th of February, five of your favorite Rioterz will take to the field against the mightiest of bots to ever grace Summoner’s Rift live on the Riot Games Own3d.tv channel! Here’s who you can expect to see:
- Hephestopheles, one of the key designers of the new AI, whose creation has now turned against him.
- Nikasaur, who has fallen victim to the bots in a previous playtest and is out for revenge!
- Praeco, who is eager to find out if his German engineering can defeat the machines.
- Old Man Cheung, whose marketing strategy the bots found objectionable, and who is out to defend his honor.
- Brolaf, ever since he stumbled in on a bender last month, we haven’t been able to get him out of the studio. So we decided to put him to work.
Streaming will begin at 2:00 PM PST, so clear your schedule and prepare to watch the new and improved AI push and surprise you with their decisions. The most epic of epic showdowns in the history of bots is about to commence! Come witness the carnage live on Own3d.tv!