Some points to note on Avarice Blade:
- It provides +12% DPS, on average.
- As a GP5 item, it is an early game item.
- Longsword costs significantly less, and provides roughly +20% DPS early game and is more predictable.
- Many champs do not have any scaling with crit chance, while many AD champs do have scaling with AD skills. Ashe's Volley, Urgot's Acid Hunter, Renek's skills, etc.
- Crit chance comes more into power late game, once significant AD items have been acquired so crit chance can multiply the effect of those items. This is directly competing with Avarice's purpose as a GP5 item.
Compare this with, most notably, Philosopher's Stone:
- Slightly more expensive (800g for Philosopher's Stone as opposed to 750g)
- Provides strong early game stats, allowing nearly indefinite laning.
- Builds off of a common first-pick item, Regrowth Pendant.
Or Kage's Lucky Pick:
- Provides AP, which is useful at all stages of the game.
- Is comparable in cost (Only +15g more than Avarice Blade)
I bring this up mostly because of Ghostblade. Currently there is no point in getting Avarice first as it provides a tiny amount of extra damage and this damage is unreliable. The stat it provides is primarily a late game stat, which makes it a useless item early game, defeating the purpose of it being a GP5 item. Barring extreme special circumstances (Like Gangplank's Parley or Tryndamere's Bloodlust), there is no benefit to getting an Avarice blade first instead of Brutalizer. Please rework this to make it a more viable item.