Originally Posted by supnmu
Counterpicking seems to be a much bigger deal in arranged than in solo queue. Thoughts?
Also, why do people feel the need to talk **** to teams much better than them. Albeit there were stomps, it's good to see some competition in the NA scene. I think this gives the other top teams something to strive for... that being toppling/dethroning CLG.
Well I am not the expert on this (Since you know, we didn't beat solomid or clg). However I am one of the people most responsible for our picks. Basically we tried to pick with a couple of priorities.
In order of the importance we weighed things.
1. Never ever let Rammus go unbanned (he is too annoying of a ganker, and actually a really risky pick, he either ganks like a boss and dominates, or fails a few ganks, farms slow as ****, and is useless by late game).
2. Try to get Shen. The single best pick in the game.
3. Ban or pick your opponents best champs.
4. Get your teams best individual champs
5. Try to be well rounded ( AP, AD, tank, support, jungle, have enough CC and damage to make team fighting viable)
6. Have an idea of what you want your team to be strong at. Early game? Late Game? Kiting? Split pushing? and pick accordingly.
In solo queue you just want to ban OPs, ban their best players champ (Westrice = ban akali) and play what you are best at probably.