Originally Posted by StrategyBane
What's wrong with warmogs?
I kind of like the invinicble feeling you get from 6 stacks warmogs and guardian angel, by the time the other team gets a bloodrazor I can already finish a thorn or a FoN
Personally I always feel squishy if I'm using warmoggs, always. But lets think of it for a minute:
- Mundo's Cleaver do a % of your max HP
- Warwick's Q does the same
- Malzahar poll does the same
- Xin does the same (current HP)
- Blood razor does the same
- Deathfire grasp does the same
- Kogmaw's W does the same
- Amumu's despair does the same
- Garen's Ulti does damage based on your missing HP...
- Nasus's ulti also does it.
If you receive 3 spells for 300 damage each you are down 900 HP. Even with 50 magic resist you get hit for 600 Damage.
My point is... warmoggs is a highly situational Item... and in almost every case other item would be better for survival... notice the ALMOST part
- VS heavy magic: FoN, Banshee, Guardian Angel, Boots, Aegis, Abyssal
- VS Heavy Physical: Thornmail, Randuims, Zhonya, Guardian Angel, Frozen Hearth, Boots
Another way to put it:
- Warmoggs costs 3000 gold.... with 3000 gold you can get 2 negatron cloaks and 2 chainmails. Sooo 96 Magic resist and 90 Armor. If you already have 2000 HP... it is like adding an aditional 2000 HP.
Is it a completely useless item? no, warmoggs has its uses, it is just that there are better items. Items that give you AP for more damage, Items that give you CDR for a 36 second feast. items that give you Auras to protect your allies or increase their damage. There are just better items.
When would I use Warmoggs?
- If I have to fight 2-3 very heavy true damage champions like Irelia, Olaf, Corki and Chogath. OR if I'm planning to use Atma's because we completely lack of Physical damage champions.