So a buddy told me about this game a few days ago, and it's actually quite some fun (apart from the constant insults you get when you are new to the game). I got some points and wanted to spend them, and ponder now where to invest them best.
- maybe in several expensive rune? But since I'm rather new and dunno which char I'd play most often, maybe the runes would be rather useless to me later on and wasted money? Currently I just bought some cheaper ones that seemed helpful
- buy several cheap (pointwise) champions, so I can stick to them to learn how to pilot them (like maybe poppy or tristana or mundo, and some of the 450 point ones)
- save for a more expensive champion (I liked gragas while I could play him, but he is quite expensive and the only guide I found basically says "he sucks", which ain't too motivating. I don't mind using champions that are rarely used, but beeing a newbie AND having an underpowered char might not be an enjoyable experience). Also the guides always assume you can afford the best runes and have the maximum number of mastery points available, so I guess half of the strategies mentioned wouldn't work anyway.
- buy one cheap champion of each type (ie a tank, ganker, pusher etc) just to find out which playstyle I prefer most in the long run
- keep playing the free heroes to see what they can do, continue buying cheap runes and saving points until I'm 100% sure what to do with them :P
- are there any champions that are definately not playable for a new player, since they only do well with the best runes and maximum masteries? And some that make sense also early on?
Thanks for any advice