I agree whole heartedly. I would love to see a greater variety of maps, and given the engine this game is built on it shouldn't be overly difficult to put one out every month or two.
- 3 vs 3 vs 3 map set in a triangle with one lane going to each enemy team's base.
- 2 vs 2 single lane across the top and large area for jungling below.
- Maps with a series of controllable "check points" i.e. turrents which are captured and converted after a respawn timer, rather then destroyed.
- 2 lane 5 vs 5 with lanes that converge in the center and reseperate, so that minions from an unchecked lane will continue to slow and reduce reinforcements.
- Alternate lane routes which can be unlocked by defeating a specific mob, allowing your minions to take a short cut, or bypass a single turrent.
-Maps with no lanes, no minons, few or no turrents, and alternate objectives such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, or even just Highest Kill Count.
That is only a few off the top of my head, there are dozens of other (better?) possibilities as well.