Originally Posted by E0L
its really hard to survive against annie even with MR, her stun hits so hard now so if your trying to harass her back by the time you are at lvl 6 she will still have the edge over you.
so unless you want to leave lane for her to shop come back and hope she didnt smash your tower too hard just to try to solo her i doubt you will one up her mid lane, shell just have an xp edge of you by then as well.
the only viable answer is to gank her. so if ganking is the technically correct solution then we need more OP 1v1 chars like vayne and we all know how thankful the community is for those types of approaches.
maybe i have it wrong maybe it should be tibbers who should die easily.
anyway all i know is that grabbing early MR is not going to change her insane burst/lock combo, she will still have enough time to demolish you before you ever get out of her combo. so running back to store is a very risky poor alternative you might as well just leave the lane to her for the entire early game. i guess its fine if your in a competitive group. but for pubs she is just obscene.
edit: maybe she needs the eve approach, leave her survivability alone, same of tibbers, but drop her stun and make it a slow. that way she still has her damage too but no more 123 dead, its far too easy
How to deal with Annie:
1. Don't bunch up in team fights, this makes it easier for her to get the combo down (too many players act like they are sucked together by some wierd gravitational pull, stop it seriously)
2. Carry Banshee's or QSS this screws up her combo.
3. Never stay still, the more you move around the harder it is for Annie to land Tibbers on your head.
4. Use a strong mage champ to mid against her, Vlad, Malz, Rumble, Anivia, Leblanc and Cho'gath all have the upper hand against Annie during the laning phase.
5. Always focus Annie first in team fights, she is the preverbial glass cannon and taking her down first will reduce there teams damage output drastically (Malz is a master at shutting down Annie with his Silence/NullZone/Ulti combo)
Commenting on your idea of making her stun a slow, all you'll achieve is making a lot of players mad with that. Annie has to store the stun and catch you with the spell to get the stun unlike Eve's which was an anytime stun.
The only thing that needs fixing is the double damage bug, with that a lot of the Annie QQ would stop.