Originally Posted by Vellusix
a) It's an arcade version of SR. Run around, casually spam abilities and watch stuff die. This is fun for a while, but it lacks depth.
b) Stealth has the potential to be really, really overpowered. Because everyone is generally dying a lot and gearing up with such pace, the Dominion 'oracles' isn't a very good purchase. The potential for stealth champs to snowball out of control is seemingly very high. Eve is actually very decent on this map.
c) Casters with long CDs are pretty much worthless when compared to right click to win champs. Have fun auto AP auto attacking to disrupt a tower cap. Tanky DPS are more powerful on Dominion than they already are on SR.
d) Some champs break the game completely. TF and Rammus especially. Global ultis are more powerful than ever before.
e) Some champs are completely worthless. Nasus is probably the worst. Champs that rely on a good mix of defensive and offensive to function well seem to struggle early.
Yes the gameplay is fun for a few games, but that wears off very quickly. It's good for a quick casual game of ability spam, but nothing more. It makes the game seem extremely imbalanced when certain champs are present and I hope they don't attempt to balance around it.
1. What is it with people demanding depth from videogames all of a sudden. How about instead of saying that it lacks depth, expalin why it lacks depth, and why summoners rift has depth. Or are you one of those idiots who like to use buzz words to sound smart?
Games don't need depth. Games are meant to be fun - hence why they're a leisure activity. As long as entertainment can be had, depth is irrelevant. Depth is something that runs story driven games, or games with unique, quirky mechanics. LoL, for what it's worth, it pretty binary for a MOBA. We have outlandish abilities, balanced by unique weaknesses. This has not been changed.
2. Build defence. Don't be an idiot. Don't die. Its all very simple stuff. If you think Stealthies can snowball because you die, reduce deaths. Lets not forget they have items in the game that reveal stealthed units if you hit them. Plus you can place a cloud of Stealth vision. The best part of this is these are features of items, not potions/Elixers. Dont complain about hypothetical situations either.
3. Cooldowns too long? If only there was some feature that would reduce them, via some stat. But that would require you to think before building your standard AP/AD carry, because spells matter more. They have the audacity to force you to think about your build? Seriously. They boosted your stats in the game, by a pretty decent chunk. You can afford to build a defensive item and a cooldown reduction item, instead of buying 2 more Rabadons or a RoA.
4. Same as two. There were game breaking champions in Summoners Rift. Thats a balance issue. Its also an Open Beta. As in, not complete. Just how are globals more powerful here then in Summoners Rift? You can stop me from capping a point. How is that different then stopping me from pushing a tower/taking dragon/etc. and killing me off for nearly a minute, leaving my team in a 4v5 situation in a team fight? If anything, their power is waned by the short death timer and constant exp generation.
5. Your just complaining in a broad manner. You can stop that. "Some champions are worthless?". Define worthless. Are they worthless because you or people you play with cannot play that champion well? Or is it that you don't think their abilities help that much. Too be worthless, a champion has to have absolutely nothing that it can bring to the table for a team. Name a single champion who offers nothing. If you can't, then you MUST include the original Summoners Rift into your arguement, and tell us why they are worthless there as well. Or is this another buzz word to say "some champions are better than others", while ignoring situational instances.
So far, you layed a broad tarp over something because its not your cup of tea. Does Dominion have its problems? Yes. Hence why they're letting us play it. Its a BETA TEST. Are there balance issues? Yes. But to the point you're saying, no. You're exaggerating because you don't like it, or you got roflstomped, or whatever. Rationalize before you hate, explain your thoughts before posting them, and do something constructive. Other than saying "this sucks"