I've noticed there has been a substantial amount of threads regarding weird cases of indescribable and rather picky lag, delay, and other weird quirks. I wanted to go ahead and make a thread listing all the weird symptoms of lag people have been having and see what else people are experiencing.
I have been experiencing a lot of these just recently. I noticed it today.
*Note* Not all symptoms may apply to you, or may only happen at certain or random times.
In-Game Lag Symptoms
- Sluggish character movement. It feels delayed, almost like you are walking on ice.
- Cooldowns are randomly coming off cooldown before intended, yet are not yet castable.
- Your character alone will freeze for several seconds, then begin doing the moonwalk (seems to ALWAYS occur before the first minion waves spawn).
- The game timer will do as it pleases.
- You can no longer see your creep score, level, or kills on the scoreboard, and instead see scribbled white boxes.
- Minion animation will be glitchy.
- Absolute loss of control of your character for random periods of time, although the game appears to be resuming as normal.
- Crashes/disconnects of all flavors.
- Game-wide freezes that affect all players for random periods of time.
- (New) Skill shot spells that would normally miss hit you, in some cases dramatically. I just started noticing this happening a lot.
Client Lag Symptoms
- Game locks up when finding a match, displaying no ability to join the match and not allowing you to quit out.
- The client will search for a match endlessly, with no success.
- Logging in takes an infinite amount of time.
- (Unconfirmed) Adding bots in custom games takes about 5 minutes per bot, if the client doesn't crash before that.
I feel like this isn't an internet issue for people because I've been reading a lot of victims' pings are fine. My computer is a beast and I get a constant steady frame rate. I've changed nothing about my computer to cause something like this.