Ok so after a couple of hours of work, I got myself a bit of free time to roll around the forums see what's cooking. This thread is still going surprisingly and I came across this post:
Originally Posted by Lashrack
Riot decreased IP gain by 15-25% earlier this year and started releasing 6300 champions way too often. It's like cutting down your salary by 25% while making everything else much more expensive. Not fun at all. But wait, that increases Riot's profit, so everything is fine...
So... if everybody bashing against 6300 prices is sharing this logic, then no wonder there are this many amount of ragers.
First off lets get a few points clear.
1. Ip gain was logical, I mean there is no exclusiveness or achievement in getting to 6300 champions via ip if it's not by hard work.
2. Riot isn't "making everything else much more expensive" I don't see brand being more expensive, Nor Swain, nor Nocturne... Just they are releasing NEW (get that concept? NEW) champions for a fixed amount of 6300. Whilst at this, reducing prices of several other champions that are very good ones indeed, Anivia, Blitzcrank, Corki, Karthus, Twitch, and forgot the last one. All of these costed 6300. It's more around the terms as: "riot has cut your salary by 20%, is releasing new content for the same 6300 price over and over, but is offering you the older content for cheaper and more affordable prices".
3. Yes it's riot profit to bring new champs in for that price. Lets not forget that 6300ip is not real money. It's still fully free to gain, just a tad harder then what it used to be. And Xerath (last release before Graves) is free to play this week. Has anybody even bothered mentioning that? This shows you that Riot DOES reward patience. Skin sales, Champion RP sales, First win of the day IP boosts. All rewards patience and persistance. Talon was free 2 play 2 weeks after release. So was Wukong, Skarner. ALL of these champions have passed through the F2P Podium, and it's only a matter of time till Graves does it too.
4. Back to 3, Free to play champions. Nobody, will EVER force you to pay a single cent, or ip for a champion (except to play ranked, you need a minimum of 14 for that, free champs included so really you just need 4), the 10 free champions are perfectly playable, no cost whatsoever, and I can guarantee you almost every week, I spend more time playing the f2p champs then any of the 30+ champions I have previously Unlocked. Why is that? Even tho I may afford X champ, the fact that it's free and I do not own it, makes me want to play it so it can convince me to buy such a champion. So far Xerath might actually convince me to buy him, Free weeks convinced me to buy Kennen and I have loved that buy since day 1. And so on and so forth.
5. I as a player am never going to get tired of saying this: If champions were released for cheaper then 6300, the amount of people buying and spamming that champion in normals would be abismal. The amount of queue dodging would increase by several 100 times. You'd see that champ in EVERY game. Wether it's trying it out in normals, co-op, or even ranked. Just to get on the forums in the next hour and read atleast 300 new threads saying XXX is op, or XXX is up, or XXX is a lazy design, and yada yada. You have seen the amount of threads for Xerath when his value is 6300, imagine now what chaos would have gone around if he was half of that?
No further comments shall be necessary. But I'll post later anyway because I'm stupid like dat.