I've been experimenting with different builds for TF to make DPS TF stronger.
The biggest problem with AD TF is that his basic attack range is one of the shortest in the game (actually, I think Sivir has the dubious honor, but still). AD TF puts out a tremendous amount of damage, but he has to get almost to melee range to do so. So maybe it's possible to build him with pure damage from items and pure survivability from runes and masteries?
This is counter to most guides - which for AD Carries eschew robustness and go heavily on offense for runes and masteries. Biggest problem for this (these) builds is a lack of mana regen early game - so will have to rely on Blue Card and use Wild Cards sparingly.
Here is my current attempt.
- Greater Quintessence of Fortitude (+26 Flat Health) x3
- Greater Mark of Warding (+0.97 magic resistance) x9
- Greater Seal of Resilience (+1.41 Armor) x9
- Greater Glyph of Warding (+1.49 magic resistance) x9
- Offense: 1 (Improved Exhaust)
- Defense: 21 (veterans scars, ardor and tenacity_
- Utility: 8 (awareness and expanded mind)
Total from Runes = 78 HP, 22.14 MR and 12.69 Armor.
Total from Masteries = 48 HP, 6 MR and 6 Armor. (plus Harden Skin and Tenacity).
Total: 126 HP, 28 MR, 18 AR.
Flash + Exhaust - both of these can be used for either offense or defense.
Now - just build a mostly glass cannon TF with Merc Treads for Tenacity and some late game survivability.
Option 1. Merc Treads, Trinity Force, Sword of the Devine, Phantom Dancer, Wit's End.
- alternative to Wit's End for purely physical teams = Atma's Impaler.
Option 2. Merc Treads, Blood Thirster, Sword of the Devine, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil.
- alternative to Banshee's Veil for purely physical teams = Atma's Impaler.
Theoretically anyways, either way should work. You end up (depending on option) with between 2200 and 2300 HP. around 83 armor and 131 magic resist (or if you go with the Atmas, 127 AR and 84 MR).
Damage output is pretty good. Option 1 gives about 2300 damage / 5 seconds (not including SotD passive), while Option 2 gives about 2400 damage. Option 2 has about 600 life steal / 5 seconds.
I've tested this approach in half a dozen games with Intermediate Bots, and it works at that level (but I haven't been able to finish the build before the win). I am about to start trying it in Normal games.