Originally Posted by GeneralStan
I really think that a lot of the suggested counters belie how much rammus brings to the table. Against a smart rammus, if you are throwing your burst against him (even not in DBC), his team will wreck you for focusing the tank.
The kiting / ignore him replys don't really deal with the movespeed aspect and how Rammus will always be exactly where he want on the map.
I frankly don't feel that any champion can really match his ability to both fight and have such crazy mobility.
1. 90% of the time Rammus builds a bunch of armor, relying on his DBC to protect him from magic damage, so bursting him down outside of his DBC is a simple process.
2. If there are teammates who are more threatening than Rammus, then go ahead and target them first. I was assuming no one is more threatening than Rammus. You have to decide who you want dead depending on the situation.
3. Ignoring him can work fine. Sure he damages you but come on his damage is a third of any carry, if that. So, yes you can ignore it if it means killing something more important.
4. Kiting: As far as his mobility, normally Rammus gets boots5 which deactivate into boot2 when he starts fighting. Sure he can get to the fight, but the boot2 mobility won't help him a lot once he arrives.
5. Rammus ult doesn't do 1500 dmg unless maybe their whole team stands around taking the dmg. By your crazy math lux's ult does 5k dmg when their team stands in a line and she builds ap. You can't just multiply 300x5 (that's stupid)
6. Rammus is imo the most game-influencing dom champ but you guys are acting like he's godzilla on crack and wins games alone. He might be more powerful than anyone else (overall) but isn't as powerful as you claim.