Originally Posted by Shiina Mikado
1. I moved from DotA to LoL, and to be honest, the mechanics are a bit different, and I'm still iffy about it. Could you please tell me the mechanics/meta that LoL has, and is different from DotA?
2. I main Orianna, Soraka, and Zilean just because I was a decent Dark Seer and Dazzle at DotA, and that they have the same utility. Is it actually fine if I do this? Would you recommend a not-that-hard-to-play champions, especially at APC and Support?
3. I often do this as Orianna when I'm asked to leash buff: I take Shield first, do the usual leash, and as the golem aggros the jungler, I shield him. Is this practical? Does this hinder me in early-laning?
4. More like a judgement's call, but why does everyone scream at me as if they had Kog'Maw's spit stuffed in their throats whenever I run a support Zilean bot? I know that he can be played as AP, but his utility are that of a support.
Thanks in advance.
1. The only differences I think compare to Dota and LoL is the jungle and minions. In Dota pushing is much more powerful compare to LoL, and there are lot more things to do in the jungle. Denying minions is also a huge part in Dota while it is impossible in LoL.
2. Kennen and Taric are both really good to learn as they almost fit into every single team comp.
3. Getting shield first will usually hinder your early game. Most Orianna will not get the shield til level 4, so that they can get two levels into Q and one level into W to escape from ganks. It is recommended that you put one point into Q ASAP as it will be your main harass tool.
Note: After you leash, it takes a while for the jungle creep to aggro on the jungler, those times will usually either make your shield goes out of duration, or you will need to stay for a long time and lose exp.
4. The thing about Zilean support is that his only form of crowd control is a slow. Many other champions have stronger support ability (Such as Nunu, who slows and also decrease ATTACK SPEED) or Taric who completely stop the enemy from moving (stun) and have a strong aura with AD, AP, and armor. Zilean also doesn't have a heal, this make him a much more aggressive support with a strong poke but lack in defense when you are out of position and got caught by enemy crowd control.