UPDATE! We have won! Celebrate, hugs all around! Thanks Tynd for taking the time to answer questions and show awareness to the community.
Hey guys, just saw this post and the response from our "Riot Ambassador" - and a allow me to clarify a couple things:
1. We take our community interaction extremely seriously and this red response is completely unacceptable.
2. The "Ambassador" program will be on hold while we re-evaluate our personnel selection and training criteria to ensure that responses like this that do not reflect Riot's community-centric approach do not happen again.
3. Allow me to apologize on behalf of all of Riot for such a poorly thought out reply from our Ambassador to a legitimate question, and rest assured we will resolve the situation.
In regards to the original question:
- Since April of last year, we've reduced the IP prices on nearly 20 champions
- We will continue to lower IP prices on champions in the future and have a number of additional reductions in the works
- We haven't ruled out any of the IP price points you have mentioned for new champions, but we like the adoption rate of champions that we see at the 6300 price point, although that is only one of the criteria that we use to determine prices
As with everything, we appreciate your guys feedback and will continue to pay close attention to this issue.
A lot of people are getting confused and think I'm expecting Riot to lower champion prices. I however, am not. I'm simply asking questions for myself, and the community who have been seeking answers and have yet to get a response.
I was wondering if you could find out and ask a few questions (marketing team) or who ever deals with the whole IP release, reductions etc.
1. What happened to the 4800 IP range? Was this scraped, or is there plans for this in the future?
2. Why do 3150 IP cost the same RP as 6300? Will this be changed?
3. Any plans for IP reductions on current champions?
Hello Ninjakrew, thanks for reaching out to us!
Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.
Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!
Care to point me in the right direction? Also on a side note, why did your response sound like automated message?
Hmmm, how can I avoid answering this question? I got it, point them to other threads that have no answers.
I think it's pretty clear people want a answer Riot.
Keep this thread alive - they can't ignore us forever!!! ok..ok...maybe they can BUT WE CAN TRY!