Yaric 220.127.116.11 supprting new LoL patcher has been released. Go to: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=706002
(can I emphasize it more?)
NOTE: before reporting anything please read FAQ
Yaric, Yet Another Recommended Items Customizer, Version 18.104.22.168
Yaric stands for Yet Another Recommended Items Customizer.
It allows you to change recommended items and make them, let's say, favourite items.
Yes, I am completely aware of other tools, I just didn't like tem. I didn't like LeagueTools for some, not well defined reason (note: discontinued), and I didn't like LoLMoD's lack of offline option (note: probably discontinued) and, as far as I understand LoL Item Changer needs update after every patch. So I wrote my own.
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1
- one .exe, no installation required (another one for PatchGuard - optional)
- Drag & drop or double click champions and items
- filter champions and item not only by name but also by description (read below for filtering details)
- backup & restore of HeroPak (done explicitly by the user)
- copy/paste 24-digit build code
- new champions available straight away after patch
- (when using PatchGuard) no patch related hassle
- build list: stores all saved/applied build
- knowns which builds has been applied recently so you can reapply them ("Apply checked" - still looking for better name) back after patch
- allows undo - revert to original build (you suck and you don't want to play this champion anymore)
- groups champions by initial
- groups builds by champion
- allows seemless transition of builds between LoL versions
- PatchGuard replaces (not exactly) LoL launcher, change your shortcuts
The application itself can be found here
If you do not want to use PatchGuard:
You have to do backup and restore manually. If you have modified items, and after running LoL you see patch is being downloaded:
a) Close LoL immediately
b) Use 'Restore' in Yaric and close Yaric
c) Run LoL again (and continue with patch)
d) after patch is applied you can use 'Apply checked' (2.0) to apply your customized builds back
--- or ---
a) prepare LoL installer
b) wait for patch to finish
c) now you have totally corrupted LoL
If you decide to use PatchGuard:
- run PatchGuard, sit back and relax (all your builds will be applied to new HeroPak)
- NOTE: do not run LoL manually, always use PatchGuard
- Always restart Yaric after patching. Yaric scans HeroPak only at startup, so after patching it could cause that Yaric saves old file into new HeroPak, you don't want this to happen.
- Probably Yaric will not start with corrupted HeroPak. In such case find "Heropak_client.zip.yaric" in game folder yourself and restore it manually.
Filtering works a little bit awkward, but there is a reason for that.
There are two use cases when I'm filtering items:
- I want to compare stats of two items, let's say Phantom Dancer and Last Whisper. I'd type in filter box "phantom whisper" then, and I'd like to see all items which name contains "phantom" or "whisper" (sponsoring words: NAME, OR)
- I want to find all items which give me some benifits, let's say health and armor. I'd type in filter box "armor health" then, and I'd like to see all items which description contains both "armor" and "health" (sponsoring words: DESCRIPTION, AND).
Yes, typed words are "ORed" for name field, and as "ANDed" for description.
--- BUGFIX: fixed US issue with PatchGuard (not detecting patches, or detecting them all the time)
--- BUGFIX: fixed a startup crash when if you closed Yaric minimized
--- BUGFIX: fix to PatchGuard, should get 'remote version information' much quicker (technicly: tries 'no proxy', 'with proxy' and 'with proxy and authentication' at the same time instead one after another)
--- NEW: added undo feature
--- NEW: added PatchGuard application
--- REWORK: some internal structure has changed
--- BUGFIX: several bugfixes (quite important)
--- REWORK: revised saving system: you no longer need .xyib files (you can import them to 2.0 though, after that you can delete them); all builds you ever saved/applied are shown in build list (on the right hand side)
--- WARNING: Note that 22.214.171.124 is not compatible with 126.96.36.199 you can import old .xyib files, but you need to start with original HeroPak, first thing you do is Restore/Backup.
--- WARNING: It's a beta: Note that 188.8.131.52 is a beta version, do not trust it. If you want (more or less) stable release use older one
--- NOTE: All feedback is highly appreciated; no feedback - no motivation to change/improve anything
--- BUGFIX: you no longer see unavailable items
--- WORKAROUND: fix for rare dodgy exception at the start
--- some minor code cleaning
--- FIX: Fixed crashes which appeared after LoL patch 184.108.40.206
--- NOTE: special thanks to guys participating in: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=258251
--- NEW: Added "Batch Apply..." command to apply multiple builds at once (useful after patch)
--- REWORK: Removed "Save" (only "Save As..." is now available). It was introducing some confusion and caused unintentional overwrites. Now you are asked for a file name every time you want to save a build.
--- NEW: Added tooltips to items in build editor
--- initial release
Q. How should I report a bug?
A. Yo should start with client version you use (US, EU, ACE). Then you should check Yaric's and PatchGuard version (right-click on .exe, properties). Tell me is it first run, or you were using it already but suddenly it stopped working. Please describe what you were trying to do. It is also useful to tell your windows version (XP/Vista/7, 32/64 bit). Some bugs have nothing to do with Yaric / PatchGuard. As I'm not servicing Windows I might just know the problem in some cases.
Q. Where Yaric stores its configuration?
A. Yaric's config file is in %appdata%\Softpark\Yaric
Q. I've selected wrong folder, what do I do now?
A. Delete yaric's configuration file -or- if you feeling lucky, edit configuarion with notepad and delete "GameFolder" line.
Q. I'm seeing an exception beeing thrown by Yaric
A. Yaric produces an error report (exception window with four tabs), press 'Copy to Clipboard' button and send error report to me (yaric4lol at gmail com)
Q. I'm seeing an exception before Yaric really started, no 'Copy to Clipobard' button avaiable
A. Exception has been thrown before Yaric managed to initialze itself. The most probalby cause is you don't have .NET 3.5 installed properly or your installation is broken. Reinstall/repair .NET 3.5.
Q. PatchGuard does not start at all
A. PatchGuard.exe is a stub, it just calls Yaric a little bit different. You have to have them both in the same folder and matching versions. There has been also an issue with having bare .NET 3.5. Install .NET 3.5 SP1.
Q. PatchGuard sits forever on 'getting remote version'
A. PatchGuard connects to Riot servers to get latest version information. Normally, It should take up to 3s for PatchGuard to check remote version, if it takes longer - something is wrong. Maybe Riot's servers are just down? Have you allowed PatchGuard to connect to internet? Some ppl needed to add it to exception list of their firewalls (try google it). It has been also reported that using it without administrative rights can cause the delay.
Q. Everything was fine. But after LoL has been patched it stopped working/crashed
A. The day has come. Riot changed something. As I said before, they don't call me when they do that. Sometimes I'll need 1 or more days to fix it. Keep in mind, I am entitled to holidays.