Original Game Mode and Inspiration: (originally created by Ohmiya, Shurpy, Taionnet)Dominion Double Dash on Reddit Youtube
Video of this game in action: Dominion Double Dash 2.0!!
My brother and I found this on reddit last night and we made a few tweaks to make it more entertaining, but the basic idea is Mario Kart/Roller Derby meets LoL
1. Each team: 4 runners and 1 blocker. Runners run 5 laps clockwise around the circle. Blockers can move anywhere.
2. Only buy Boots of Mobility and any pots. No Ignite or Offense masteries (except Summoner's Wrath)
3. All runners start on the pad at Windmill, and run at 2:30.
4. ONLY use abilities which CC opponents or buff your allies. Only use CC to hinder not damage.
5. The team with the MOST runners in the FIRST three to finish win.
6. OFFICIAL PERMA BAN LIST: Janna, Rammus, Shaco, Sona, Teemo, Global/Long Range Teleports
Everyone starts at windmill. Runners must start on point but blockers can be anywhere.
Game starts at 2:30 and everyone runs clockwise, counting each lap as they pass windmill tower.
The idea is NOT TO KILL YOUR OPPONENETS. You use CC and collision to hinder or help. (But like nascar, cars explode, people are killed on accident. If a player is killed they just run to the last point they passed and continue from there. ) Blockers come in handy to keep the enemy time in line or to give teammates openings to catch up.
CLARIFICATIONS: (yes we know that its hard to 100% balance almost 100 champs but were trying. If there is EVER a conflict, game creator sets the deciding factor: please be unbiased in this as it is not fun to allow something that you know will benefit a win for you. We like good sportsmanship!)
Skills Clarification Page (What you can and can't use!)
Other Banned Abilities: Global/Long-Range teleports such as Shen, Pantheon, TF ults (for obvious reasons), Global ults that just do damage such as Ezreal's and Karthus' (GP and Ashe ults are allowed since they CC and dont really do a ton of dmg anyway)
After 5 laps do what you want in mid or just leave and restart new game!
Dying and Preventing It (Pit Stops, Longer Games, and You):
Some people recommended trying a 'Pit Stop' clause and different versions of it. Currently the favored version: Anytime after your 3rd lap you can stop by your teams base to heal back up and buy more pots.
This comes in handy especially in longer games as well as a risk/reward policy. Do you potentially give up your lead runner status to get back some health? Can you survive in the pack much longer and you're out of pots? Gotta way these decision carefully.
Current favored way of dealing with actual Death: if you die, run back to the last point you passed.
Thank you list:
- Ohmiya (Created original template)
- Shurpy (Created original template)
- Taionnet (Created original template)
- SimplyApathy (my brother and chief wigwam)
- Tush of Legends
- hitman577 (dudes been awesome in helping keep rules and talking to SA and I about stuff.)
- AllCooperAgain (added a comprehensive ability clarification list, which was GREATLY needed)
You can find me on this name or on el oso sur.
EDIT: added clarification on gap closer abilities.
EDIT: (2/14) Added video of our variation in action, added suggestion about dieing and longer races. Added more in CLARIFICATIONS.
EDIT: (2/15) Added Skills Clarification page
if you have any ideas on it post in thread. We're always checking it out when we can.
Partners and Other Related Pages:
EDIT:hitman577 has a great list thats ongoing on help for people who like to strategy guide everything hehe.
Dominion Double Dash! Champ and Strategy Guide
WE GOT 2 RED POSTS! YES!....only they're on this page ......oh well.......
Mario Kart Racing 5v5: