Originally Posted by Clovis5119
I'm glad you brought up Cassiopeia. Her range is higher but it's true that she still has to get in fairly close for her E. However, her ult is simply amazing when used properly and Ryze doesn't have that sort of controlling power. She also has the AoE slow and the +25% movement speed from her Q - still sometimes underwhelming because of gap-closers and slows, true, but still much better than Ryze as far as mobility is concerned.
To be fair, Cassiopeia is only an exceptionally strong lategame champion when played properly. I think the issue people have with Ryze is that he is also a strong lategame champ, except requires little skill.
to be fair, cassiopeia is actually less well off in a teamfight just because of the ryze's tankiness. aka, ryze has pretty much comparable damage to cassio, yet ryze can build all these tanky items, making him far less susceptable to:
1. ad carries (look at his armor from your build. compare that to cassiopeia)
2. tanky dps (because a situational stun isnt as good as a surefire lockdown)
3. burst champions (because he has high MR from his build)
4. dps AP (becauase he has banshees veil, (stops cassio's Q) as well has higher MR)
5. CC because he (as your build shows) can get merc treads, and gets flat reduction on MR, so he doesnt need sorc boots late game