Just finished my first game as Varus, and my opinion of him is quite simply, balanced (or at least real close to being so). He wasn't unreasonably strong, and he wasn't weak, I felt that he handled just as well as any other ranged AD carry. You may disagree, but that is just my own opinion.
Now, I did notice a few bugs with him though, mostly with his ultimate, and one minor visual bug.
1) First time I used my ult, I had 2 champions in range. Cast on an Annie, hit her and immobilized her briefly. Animation spread to nearby Cho'Gath, no immobilize and he kept running away (he had no spell shield). Couldn't tell if it damaged him or not, didn't pay attention to his health bar.
2) Another time I used my ult, I had 2 champions in range again. This time cast on a Lux, hit her and briefly immobilized her. Animation did NOT spread to Miss Fortune, who was within two or three minion widths away from her (towards me). No damage done whatsoever, and not immobilized.
3) The ult's description claims a 2 second immobilize, but I am seeing maybe 1 second at most of actual immobilization in the game. Either my internal clock is being stupid, or its a bug...Can't really say much more about this one without anyone else confirming for me whether this is the case or not.
- I think this may actually be my internal clock just being ridiculous...Seemed more normal in my second game
4) Visual bug: Randomly, an enemy champ will continue to show the blight animation around themselves, long after the stacks of blight have worn off. One case was on Miss Fortune after she was killed by an ally. She had the blight animation when she revived (before I attacked her again). This eventually disappears after some amount of time. I checked the champion info bar each time I saw this, and confirmed that the blight effect was in fact NOT present, so it is only an animation problem.
If anyone else has been seeing these or other problems, let the world know by posting them here. And feel free to give your opinions of Varus when doing so. I am interested in what others feel about him.