Originally Posted by RiotKiddington
It has been explained by Riot Lyte before why such system would not work. I will give few examples and scenarios for your consideration, if such voting system exists:
1) In ranked match, a team could artificially use the voting system to selectively match make with team that they perceived to be weaker, or to use the system to give them an “edge” in match making. Some examples are: “the other side banned my favorite champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge” or “they picked my best champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge”, “the other side got some high elo players, let’s dodge use the vote system”.
2) In regions that are with culturally, racially, religiously or linguistically diverse population, this system may enable a form of discrimination. A majority can vote kick a player who is not from their country, do not speak their language, do not believe in their religion, or do not belong to the same race. Think about our EU servers, how many countries falls under the EU server region?
3) There is a concern for voting percentage. A 4 man SR premade could kick any one they want regardless if the 5th person is a troll or not. This is especially true in regions where ranked team does not exist, and “premade” still exist. Same concept applies to ranked TT, a premade can out-vote the third player with impunity.
4) There is also a concern that this system’s operational effectiveness is limited. Trolls are not dumb, once they found out such system exist, they will just be “nice” during champion selection and start trolling right afterwards.
5) Time limit on champion select. If we start a vote on one side, and let’s say each person have 10 seconds to press “vote” button. That’s 50 seconds per side for a SR game without any other champion select functionalities getting triggered. The whole champion selection process could take much longer than the current system. This will affect player experience (since many consider the ranked champion selection process is too long already)
These are few examples why vote kick would not work effectively, I am confident there are more reasons why such voting system will not work effectively if we consider this issue more in depth.
Ok, Im sorry to be the ******* to say it, but I think your as wrong as it gets.
The RANKED system in AMERICAN SERVERS is out of control. Every day, every game, no matter what there is always at least one person that is crying because they didnt like the bans, so they troll, or their favorite champ was banned, trollin.
This system would be impossible, or very stupid, to manipulate if it was set up correctly and monitored. This is what the BETA CLIENT was designed for.
I believe a good way to set this up would be for all vote-kicks to be linked with the tribunal and players should have a rating system based off of it. Players should earn the right to vote players off based off the new honor system, if they are found to have lied just to dodge the queue, then they should be punished.
Lets be honest... No one cares about normal games. They are made for pratice and if you are running a team SR, you will have 5 people on your team. Once again, no one cares that much about normal games.
I think another fail safe that could be added is that arranged teams cannot vote kick players. Seeing as normal games are the only one to have more than a duo, just leave this system to ranked, and ranked only.
Another thing that could be put into play would be for players found of being a troll to not be allowed into the ranked system for a set amount of time. The time should be factored based off of their tribunal record, previous vote-kicks, and their honor system. If they are all negative, then why would that player be allowed in the game in the first place?
I know this is a RioT post, but that dont mean everyone needs to agree with it and kiss-ass. This type of thing, or something of similar manner NEEDS to be put into place, and soon. Maybe for the start of season 3?
"In real life, discrimination because of surname is not a new practice. It’s so common that members of some minorities have taken to changing theirs in order to improve their economic prospects. In LoL, what prevents this system gets abused because the summoner's name contains certain religion, racial or culture reference? Please remember LoL is a global game, and our platform deployed not just in NA but also in EU, Asia, and South America."
Once again, we are talking about this client. The NORTH AMERICAN SERVERS. Every client is different in some minute way... If they don't like the idea of adding it to their then whatever. We need it in ours... The ranked queue is out of control.
As I said earlier. I dont care at all about normal or custom games. They are for fun and people just want to have fun and mess around with a champion, try new things out. Normals are made for that. RANKED is not where you play a new champion the day of release or test new things, or just be a total ******* to your entire team because of something they have no control over. Seriously Riot, get it together. People are going to start leaving this game in a hurry if **** don't change.