Originally Posted by RiotKiddington
It has been explained by Riot Lyte before why such system would not work. I will give few examples and scenarios for your consideration, if such voting system exists:
1) In ranked match, a team could artificially use the voting system to selectively match make with team that they perceived to be weaker, or to use the system to give them an “edge” in match making. Some examples are: “the other side banned my favorite champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge” or “they picked my best champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge”, “the other side got some high elo players, let’s dodge use the vote system”.
2) In regions that are with culturally, racially, religiously or linguistically diverse population, this system may enable a form of discrimination. A majority can vote kick a player who is not from their country, do not speak their language, do not believe in their religion, or do not belong to the same race. Think about our EU servers, how many countries falls under the EU server region?
3) There is a concern for voting percentage. A 4 man SR premade could kick any one they want regardless if the 5th person is a troll or not. This is especially true in regions where ranked team does not exist, and “premade” still exist. Same concept applies to ranked TT, a premade can out-vote the third player with impunity.
4) There is also a concern that this system’s operational effectiveness is limited. Trolls are not dumb, once they found out such system exist, they will just be “nice” during champion selection and start trolling right afterwards.
5) Time limit on champion select. If we start a vote on one side, and let’s say each person have 10 seconds to press “vote” button. That’s 50 seconds per side for a SR game without any other champion select functionalities getting triggered. The whole champion selection process could take much longer than the current system. This will affect player experience (since many consider the ranked champion selection process is too long already)
These are few examples why vote kick would not work effectively, I am confident there are more reasons why such voting system will not work effectively if we consider this issue more in depth.
I know many people are responding, but I thought it important that a few more points be raised as rebuttals to your reasoning.
1) There would be absolutely no reason to have this kick system in five man ranked teams because why would your own friends troll you? It wouldn't make sense. In singles/pairs, there are only two people so the majority would literally not exist, they would not be able to control the entire game because at max there are two people that know eachother.
2) Language is extremely important, extremely, and saying that it's not in a game that requires extreme coordination is understandable, but wrong in many people's opinions. Rarely, and I mean rarely, will you get a team mate that is both a troll AND does not know English, or whatever language you are using. Because of this, I seriously doubt that people will kick due to not knowing their language, as most people just do not talk at all during champion selection! Most of the time people will know what to do when you ping a certain location, and that should be enough. People know that, and without the majority they will not be able to kick them.
3) This is not a problem in ranked, and shouldn't be in unranked either. The votekicking option should require you to present a reason, and can be moderated and used as a reason for sanctuary much like the current reporting system. Since the majority would need to vote, being four, the system would only need to send reports during four man pre-mades. If you look at it from a quantitative position, honestly the number would not be that large, as several conditions would need to be met. First, a four man premade would need to be detected, whether or not all four people voted, and the reason for kicking. If it looks slightly sketchy, chat logs can be reviewed and action taken, honestly it doesn't have much more of a chance for being abused as the current system.
4) This is actually a point I raised earlier in the thread, which received one response, but you have to look at it from a different perspective than the one you're looking at right now. Yes, the system has the possibility of being abused, but the current system is being abused constantly. I will have at minimum four games where one person has lost the entire game for us, wasting fourty minutes of my time! You should view this from the player's perspectives, which system has a greater chance of being abused, a system where certain conditions must be met, or a system where at any time, anywhere it can be abused. If you think about it, most reports are probably due to feeding, trolling, verbal abuse, and the amounts of reports that you receive can be GREATLY reduced due to this new system.
5) There is no reason for each person to have 10 seconds to vote, and saying so is simply searching for reasons not to implement a system that could greatly help this community. Each person would be able to initiate a vote at any time during the champion selection, and players would have the remaining time to vote, or even limited to 10 seconds for EVERYONE. The other team would not be involved, obviously.
While I do not mean to be disrespectful, or argumentative, you are stating reasons that can easily be disputed as more harm to the community than the system we are suggesting.
P.S. If you check these forums as often as I think you do, you know that there are literally hundreds of threads begging for this.
P.S.S Also this is probably a bit late to respond, but just wanted to get my two cents in.