ELO HELL It sucks doesn't it? Correct?
We've been through it all the trollers, the AFK's/DC's, the complete noobs which are worse than normal players. Causing the entire team to be pulled down into defeat, unable to lift your score..Constant loss of ELO, just defeat after defeat. Makes you not want to play ranked anymore, and just play normals only. Solo/Duo Queue is a no go, team only...You can't afford to be with 'Stupid idiotic randoms' who just want to make you scream at their inexperienced game-play. Yep, that's 'ELO HELL' for you.
Brings back memories huh?
(I am not a pro, and this isn't probs the best game screenshot to explain, but ohwell)
Why am I whining about all of this?
Considering there are about however many people who play ranked whine about this subject, it's never sorted, and it's just a vicious circle not giving players what they really deserve for their efforts, or penalizing players for their dumb mistakes. It's about time ELO HELL was stamped out for good and given a new reward system and scoring layout. Of course, you are always going to get inexperienced players in your team. It can't be helped regardless, most either DC or AFK and ruins the game for everyone, losing the ELO and just becoming unfair. But what if someone carries on the 'bad team', what if someone is actually making an effort to continue to play and try as much as they can until it's either destroyed nexus or surrender. Why aren't they rewarded? Why are they forced to lose points when it's a team player's fault? Since there is no Genuine praise reward system it just causes players to fall lower and lower and never able to get out of it unless they are with full pre-made teams, and like myself not everyone has 5 friends at a time who wish to play ranked. So we're forced to do Solo/Duo Queue and witness the never-ending defeats and idiots from hell.
ELO Scoring System at the moment + How could it be Visually Layed out?
At the moment, ELO scoring is up on the top left showing up you win or lose each and every game. But there isn't really a clear way of showing how much ELO you gain or lose. For someone who is a visual learner, wouldn't it be nice to have the '+/-' scores right next to your usernames at the end of the game.
For example: http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww263/MiissRowena/RankedScreeniePointSystem.png
That way it's clearer to see, and it also gives a player a visual representation of their achievements or failures. I mean, I personally would perfer to have a way of tracking my ELO better than just small text at the top right that seems unimportant to read. Please bear in mind those scores are not exact, I don't personally know how much ELO is earned as I don't play ranked often, but from friends and everyone else's whines I might aswell place this altogether ^^
That's one suggestion, now lets move onto my overall strong ELO system change.
New ELO Reward System Suggestion
Why are you using Mario Kart Wii as an example? Well, this team scoring system is excellent in visually showing an example of what my idea is based around.
- The First Image shows that one team is at an disadvantage due to DC'ers therefore you would automatically assume that they will lose and will fail and lose points. Both teams had suckish players but they still competed to make an effort in trying to win. Even though the blue team won, the red team still scored and worked hard. This leads us onto the Second Image this is what the ELO system should be based around. People earn ELO depending on how much effort they place into the game, how well they work with a team and how well they do soloing as-well etc. As you can see even though the Red team was 'DEFEATED' due to the DC the players whom still place in efforts and still gained points for it. (Why should they be deducted points if they worked hard? That's like saying your working on an Exam, achieving the A's and then being told ahhahaah nah, here's a D. Thanks.) Where the DCer loses their own points at a higher standard. Having this scoreboard in mind, I decided to make my own up to explain what I mean.
Now just from looking at this you are probably thinking "how will you actually be able to judge scorings because each champion has different roles in the team. Can't be just be all about kills yano". Heh, well I did actually take that into consideration because I agree you can't just judge people on how much kills you have. Assists, Deaths and Kills do all need to be taken into consideration when judging who earns more ELO than the other. With my example I did try and explain it roughly, though the scores are not exact. This example would be a separate scoreboard itself which would be shown FIRST after the game as ended, and then they would follow into the 'team' scores like usual. As you can now officially see the lower players or DC's will now be penalized, because lets face it bans don't really do much....since nor do I often see many bans occuring either. It's better to just flat out penalized them.
Now, if we are 'rewarding' those players who work hard in 'defeated' teams they are still given small amounts of ELO which still help them to get ahead because they earned it, and it will stop people from constantly falling into the vicious hell cycle which everyone seems to be in at the moment. This is not to say people who are inexperienced don't deserve points, it just means they need more practice until they can finally climb the ladder, and become a better player.
But what if it's an unintentional DC?
Regardless of whether it was or not, you still made the team at a disadvantage and causes a-lot of issues to the team, so you must lose points for it. I have fallen into the AFK or DC area a-lot before some Intentional due to no-one surrenders, when it's just that troll who won't surrender. OR! I have client issues or Internet Issues, but I should still be penalized for it, because I just affected everyone?
Now lets go over everything I have explained here.
- New ELO Visual Scoring System next to people's usernames.
- New Rewarding System for those who deserve it
- New Penalty System for DC/AFKers
- Visual Scoring System/Penalty System etc should be used all throughout the entire ranked games.
- This does not go for Normal ranks. Unless with normal ranks you could introduce a system where if you DC, you lose some of your wins. Fair do's. (Maybe, but who knows. You gotta find a way to penalize people regardless)
- Don't comment on this forum if your going to rage like whiny children. If you have a suggestion about my opinion then please state it in a Adult manner. Thankyou.
[EDIT]KKKKKK, Guys, I get the picture. I really just have stopped reading your long messages. Clearly you guys cannot 'read' and take my 'scorings' on those screenshots as exact, and that my idea is terrible, maybe so. If anything, ELO gaining/losing needs to be stated clearer than stated at the top left where the IP bonus is gained. (Yes, it's not placed in the screenshots I know that, but that doesn't mean I am a ****** and don't know about elo. All this idea was about was to give some players some recognition, rather than literally take a handful of dirt and whine about my scorings on a game that ended badly, not because of my fail last hitting. kk. Continue replying in whatever form or manner, but yep, the idea fails but atleast I can say, I tried. Yep