Originally Posted by Phreakxx
Sona hasnt been nerfed dude she got a bug fix and buffed, pritty much all support champs at the moment are all very vaulable champion all supports have cc effect, heal/sheilds/ stat boost/ movement boost list goes on... I play support aswell and pritty much always win (mainly kayle) just because your goal it to harrse and cs deny the enemy adc while protecting your lane and allies, or you can even solo top and iv never seen a solo top kayle/ zilian/ mid soraka/ mid sona. mid lulu ever get outlanned by basically any champ.
Do you live under a rock or something?
1) Sona has a history of nerfs that can rival even Irelia, the queen of "better-nerf-me" herself. Clicky here
to see all the patch notes that affected Sona since she was released, and this isn't counting the indirect nerfs (like nerfing gp10 items, removing Innervating Locket which was her best item, etc) that she had.
2) If supports are SO valuable nerfs after nerfs, please tell me why all I ever see lately (during the last weeks) are Blitz and Leona + their carry against me + my carry bot, with the rare apparition of Alistar and Janna (and when I saw rare, I mean it, like 1/10 games).
3) You claim to play support. You're level 21 and your match history has 0 support game in it. Your rune pages are called "jungle" and "Teemo". Your masteries are called "Tank", "AP", "AD", and one page is not named - none of them seem to be made for a support. I don't mean to look like a ***** but unless this is a smurf (and if your smurf, you're bad and you should feel bad), I hardly think you know what you are talking about. Your experience in this game is lacking AND you most definitely don't look like a dedicated support player.
4) If our goal is to harass and deny the enemy of gold and XP, then WHY did Riot nerf the dmg on poke supports (Lulu and Sona mainly) to the point where it's hardly worth the risk to get in range and blow your mana, CD for that harass? The last patch that fixed Sona's buggy Q was a step in the right direction. It doesn't make up for the fact that she has been nerfed countless times, like the rest of her support comrades.
5) Solo top is where Kayle belong, just for your information. Not bot with the carry. Sona, Soraka, Lulu, Zilean, I have seen all of these champions go mid. In around 3k games, I've seen a LOT of things. Most of the times it fails because while supports ARE strong laners, they do NOT have the burst to be AP carries - sometimes they have ****ty ratios, but the biggest issue normally is that they don't have enough damage spells to have a really hurtful combo. Sona? 2 dmg spells and one of them is her ult, the other one only hits 2 targets and she can't chose it, meaning in a fight she's gonna hit the tank and the bruiser. Janna? While her scaling is impressive, she has 2 dmg spells, one of them needs to be charged to have its full dmg, and thus smart people will dodge it, and the other is short ranged and costs her her mobility. Soraka? 2 dmg spells again, one of them is pretty suicidal too unless people are stupid. Zilean? Oh it gets better, get this, ONE dmg spell (that he can cast twice in a row), that's it. Wow, that combo, we LeBlanc now amirite!