Well it was 7pm before I was finally was able to log on. Promptly purchased MF and played a few games. Here are 10 things I learned after a few games...
1. The words "glass cannon" cannot be emphasised enough with this chick. She may have some huge late game damage potential, but surviving any kind of significant burst damage or gank is tricky.
2. Mana is defintly an issue if you dont itemize or spec her right. Chalice is nice, and that new manamune sword has potential. Also thinking sheen, could be good on her.
3. She is ranged, but she doesnt reach out and touch players like trist or kog. Several ranged champs = or excede her range, making it hard to keep your speed buff up without getting hit. Dancing lessons required.
4. I am liking 15-0-15 for masteries, grabbing AS, ArPen, Dam from offensive, and Move speed and mana regen from utlility. If i go utility i use mana regen seals and skimp on mp5 items like chalice. I am alos trying builds that utilizes dodge seals and the nimbleness mastery, but i need more time to play with it.
5. Her ult is game changing once your itemized if you have another champ that can lock down their team for you. Someone like Galio or Amumu who can maximize your number of targets. Also fun is a champ like Vlad can make it hurt even more with his hemoplague. Both are ideal for her. I can see her comboing nicely with many established AoE teams.
6. She is easy on the eyes and the voice acting with her taunt, jokes, and other catch phrases are clever and not as annoying as other champs I play with.
7. Her passive speed buff is significant, but even better with speed enhancing masteries and runes. I was pushing just under 500 speed with level 2 boots, runes, and the utility mastery. Imagine what kind of mobility she would have with BoM! I am very much considering trying them on her, as her speed buff is useless in figths since she loses it as soon as she is targeted anyhow. With boots of mobility and her buff, I predict she will have insane map presance, and be able to set up ganks like nobodies biz.
8. Her W skill, impure shots i think its called, grants an AS buff as an active that is great for nuking unmaned towers once your minion waves breach the turret for you.
9. Exaust can allow you to stand toe to toe with an enemy champ and let your huge DPS win the day. Without it you lack the durability to 1v1 anyone in a straight up slugfest. Lots of harrassment is the key until you can lock them down with make it rain, and then use your ult to finish them off. The ult has good range, but if your not careful towers will lock on to you and annialate you before its over.
10. Did I mention she was HOT! =p