Originally Posted by Hippalus
Our new self-service refunds on champions and skins are now available in the League of Legends Store. In lieu of emailing Player Support and having to wait for a reply, each account now has three refund credits available over the course of its lifetime. The next time you misclick, suffer from a moment of mistaken identity, or come down with a terrible case of buyers remorse, you can cash in one of your credits for a no-questions -asked refund.
Heres how refunding a champion or skin works:
- Visit the Purchases tab of the League of Legends Store
- On the far right under Action, select the Refund button
- When the popup appears, confirm that you want to spend one of your three allotted credits
- Enjoy your refund
Now, there are a few limitations on how you can use your self-service refunds. Youll find all the caveats, addendums, and fine print outlined below:
- You only get three refunds per account, per lifetime
- You can only refund skins and champions, not runes, boosts, or bundles
- We can only refund a purchase that youve made in the last 90 days, so no hocking last years promotional skins back to us!
- If you own a champion and some of their skins, you need to return the skins before you can get a refund on the champion
So there you have it, summoners. The next time you find yourself in dire need of an instant refund, weve got you covered. Well see you all out there on the Fields of Justice.
I stopped playing for awhile, and you guys released a lot of higher quality skins for the same price point. Looking at this from the buyers perspective, I feel like I have an inferior product. I would humbly request that for a period of 30 days following the release of this new feature that ALL previously purchased skins be available for refund only if they are still active on the store.