Originally Posted by Levgre
I was at 44% with him for a bit because he is not the type of hyper carry needed in the jungle in low elo games. He is a sustained fight champ. I'd get good scores but not be able to carry against the other team's fed enemies. I basically always win my lane with him, and have been steadily rising in win % at higher Elos.
I said medium-high level play, not just high. 1400-1550 is significantly different from unranked and normals.
I didn't call Frozen Heart bad on Hecarim. Just that there are many times when you would not want Frozen Heart on him. He is a bruiser and often times you do not need to fill the tanky role, but would prefer damage.
Guardian Angel and Atmas are completely legitimate together, and again Rushing GA in mid game is often bad, except on a smaller number of champs (of if you are very fed).
You applied your own reasoning and argued against a nonexistent point when you brought up atmas with pantheon. I was not saying you should build Atmas on every champ you should not build Frozen Heart on.
If I said Atmas has early strength by that I meant the early side of mid game, as it has always been considered a mid game item, even when core on nearly every bruisers. It is decent from level 12 and onwards.
1. While again, i cannot claim to be good myself, i am willing to bet that high "normal elo" draft normal games are at least the caliber you play so I don't think your point is absolute.
2. Hecarim heals on his entire team's damage... meaning that his survivability will scale better with resists than with damage. He also has rather large damage with JUST trinity so going damage heavy builds with him is a "faux pas".
3. I was asking for examples of champions that didn't benefit largely from any of those 4 armor items.. with hopes that you would understand the implied logic that in an atma's thread it might be a good idea to have them work with atmas. Pantheon is an example of a champion that definetely doesn't ... so it seems silly her.
4. Atma's GA builds? I'd believe jax has one but trinity/gunblade slow down his builds quite a lot.
5. In your earlier randuin's atma's build, what champion are you using? I could understand Garen maybe but Jax would want AS + sustaun and olaf would probably cry with your lack of CDR... given those seem to be your played bruisers I am curious who else you intended it on.
Originally Posted by Levgre
Here are the champs I currently consider Atmas a conditionally strong choice on
Bruiser Cho Gath
And a number of other bruisers if they go the tanky HP route (which usually includes Warmogs or at least Frozen Mallet)
Bruiser Cho?.. isn't he usually going to be more into AP/AS/onhit before AD?.
Bruiser Fiora sounds kind of disgusting to me.
Trundle is a champ that also gains from atmas... when he's not outclassed at least.
Darius/Xin I'm a bit skeptical on.
Voli is one of the ones i have overlooked.
GP can use it pretty well
Garen/Olaf/Mundo i already mentioned.