Originally Posted by Oh nice
I believe they're going to nerf the Gold per 10 metagame. I feel there will be a mastery that allows supports to get a fraction of the gold gold if they hit a minion (assist, not last hit). This will encourage pushing, it might open doors for tri-lane, active supports that don't just sit around, etc. I think gold items will still exist but will be nerfed in stats.
Heart of Aluminum
Ingenuine Philospher's Stone
Kage's Back-up Pick
Avarice Butter Knife
I also think they are going to change up infinite edge, rabadon's death cap, ghostblade, and a few other items. I'm not sure what they'll change, but that's what this thread is for. Post your predictions and wishes. inb4 minimap item
There are 2 things about the 0 CS meta that will probably change:
- the ADC scaling will go down a bit (IE and some base stats like AS probably), but their survivability will go up instead (making them better in solo lanes).
=> ADC will still be the best scaling role, but not as much as now
- Supports may get an AP scaling or a new stats, what may allow them to scale their utility. Think about Nunu who needs AP to get his slow speed up (to a max number). That support Nunu now needs to take AP items to give utility. Same with some other support champs, making their utility scale less with ranks but also with AP.
Another example would be Sonas auras. Think about Q getting reduced to 4/6/8/10/12 AD/AP and now every 100 AP increases the aura strength by 4. At 200 AP she will be back at the old value, but 200 AP is a lot for a supporter in the current meta.
=> Supports need items (probably AP) to get enough late game utility. That will make some other champs like GP also better supporters while also removing the 0 CS meta (at least for the first mins till the support got enough money for 3 g/10 items).
You still want a support champ to not farm as much mid and late game, and that is actually ok. But the early game should be open to farm for everybody.
Also removing the g/10 runes and mastery should achieve this.
G/10 items are good for the support role and should exists for them (still very strong items and could get nerfed). But they are bad for all other roles (not bad, but boring and not really fun to play with or against such items).
At the same time you don't want to have your ADC farm all the time. Maybe you want to have a strong early game ADC (Cait) but your main carry should be the AP champ (one that scales pretty well).
Some concrete ways to change ADC:
- IE crit dmg down from 250% to 220% (AD or crit chance increased instead or price reduced), no more crit dmg mastery (remade to something else). Also other item changes.
- reduce base AS. They don't need it early on for laning that much, but it allows them to scale into late game pretty hard. Little lower base AS will make AS items more important early for them.
- stronger early game skills (if needed).
- bit more HP (they shouldn't drop at lvl 6 cause of one combo, especially when they are weaker in other phases of the game after the other changes).
- Change to Dorans blade: 2-3 HP per AA instead of 3% life steal (that will probably come, as Xyph said that Dorans % life steal is still very strong late game and the item should not be a good early game choice that also supports your late game that much)
But I'm more curious about the top lane changes and the rune and mastery changes.
Riot is probably going to nerf the flat Armor runes a bit, what will make physical champs a bit stronger (ADC early game, too).
They are going to nerf most top lane bruisers (sustain through skills or HP reg, some early game dmg or CDs).
Nerfing defensive masteries (-2 dmg from creeps and monsters and -2 dmg are going to get changed)