Just a few things that would make ranked more enjoyable:
1) Make it so people require 300 GAMES (not necessarily wins) to play ranked. When you hit 30 you already have some 200. Because once you hit 30 the meta game comes into play a lot more than >29. Doing this gives players the ability to fully understand the metagame and improve themselves as players.
2) Once you have played your placement matches and, for example, you go down to 1150. You then eventually get to 1250 where once again fresh level 30's just decide to play ranked with their tier 2 runes and screw you over. If you have looked into what specifically causes ELO hell, this wall of fresh level 30s is what is causing it. Again #1 will help with this problem.
3) Make placement matches less important because depending if you win or lose your placement matches you ELO can change by 600 ELO points. That is an insane amount.
4) Vote to kick. Not much explaining here, just kick that stupid 12 year old kid. 4 votes to kick some one from a game, 3 if they are from a duo que.
5)his is just something I thought of that might be a cool system: Have the honor system have a negative side to it. You cant train a dog by praise, you can only punish it when it does wrong things. So if there was a system opposite to the honnor system in place, then people could thumbs down people that they just don't want to play with again. With enough negative reports, the reported player can eventaully get suspended longer and longer from ranked play. I know the tribunal exists but its run by the same people who get angry all the time and just want to press PUNISH over and over again, the negative honnor system will replace a lot of the clunkyness of the tribunal in a quick easy manner.
6) Another thing that a friend suggested to me: You can que up for specific roles, then secondary roles, and tertiary roles. This would stop the 2 stupid kids from saying "MID OR TORLLL" in lobby and no one has the balls to just pick another lane. If you up for multiple lanes, then you have the option to go into another role in case someone ques for mid and says "jungler". Oblivously the queing system will never have people que as support, so have some sort of reward based on what role you play or something to encourage players to play support (Of course the que will pop you with one of every role, duh). THIS IS PURELY MY IDEA SO IF ITS BAD DON'T TYPE AN ESSAY RAGING AT IT!!
Let me know what you think about these changes, and possably some of your own... But be justified don't be that guy who says "I WANT ALL THE NOOBS TO DIE IN A FIRE!".