Originally Posted by Strong Like Bear
I have two very, very important questions. (And one statement)
1) - Is it going to be affect by ignite? If not, is the value going to be lower than heal since there is no counterplay to using barrier in full-on engagements.
2) - Assassins are already punished heavily - if this spell becomes popular, assassins are going to have an already harder time bursting the already hard-to-kill squishy characters that currently build at least one defensive item or have high mobility and escapes (See - 90% of AD carries; Any AP carry that builds Negatron, Zhonyas, or has a flash-type ability).
Not really a question, but a statement.
3) What is the logic behind implementing barrier in Summoner's Rift? As in, was there a specific reason the developers felt Barrier needed to be introduced or was it simply for the sake of change?
1) No, but don't look at the current values - we've changed them specifically for SR. Additionally, Ignite being used means heal can't be - it simply counters it. Hard counters at champ select are largely undesirable.
2) Assassins are also getting a ton of help in the new items for Season 3. Remember that current "what works" isn't necessarily valid for S3.
3) By turning Heal into more a "save your friends" skill, Barrier is the selfish version of it - filling the role heal used to fill. It's meant to deal with spikes and save your life in some situations.