Last season i had 450+ ranked games under my belt and i have to say, the community needs to shut the hell up about solo queue. If you dont like it, its okay but ill give you reasons why to stop complaining your dam brains out about it.
- The Trolls, DC's, Feeders, and everything THAT KEEPS YOU AT THIS "LOW ELO" is all bullcrap, and if you simply step back from your competitve juices, you will notice it. It is inevitable that there will be disconnects as this is a game that relies on internet connections to a server. It is inevitable that people have bad games, because I'm sure you are the only one every dam game without making mistakes. Disconnects and AFK's can be put under the same category, since both are done with no intentions of it. If you went atleast 100 games of any kind without disconnecting once or going AFK for personal reasons, then i congradulate you, but other people pretty much have the same problems you have, just at their own convinience.
- You belong in your elo. There have been mathematical postulates that prove that if you really are better than your elo is, you will eventually get out. That doesnt mean in 10 games, you win all 10 and go from 900 elo to 1000. I had reached 1400s and i knew i didnt belong there, and i did eventually drop. I dropped to 900s and i knew i didnt belong there and i eventually rose to 1100s-1200s. But thats the story of my entire season 2 450+ games, and if you want to still complain about it after an extended period of time like that, go ahead, i can respect that. But too many times i see people right after their placement matches who lost 8/10 and have 800 elo and blame it on everyone else as if the ten games were the ones to decide the faith of humanity.
- If you dont have the attitude, you dont have the rights to play solo queue. I will agree, and i can guarantee that almost everyone agrees, SOLO QUEUE IS FRUSTRATING. But if you cant take that stress of competition, you shouldnt be playing ranked. Skill doesnt matter, because the system will place you in a level with people equivalent to your own skill, but attitude is something that i see as very very shaming. You cant see it, but everyone else can when you have a bad attitude. Who the hell knows if i have a bad attitude? I'm just typing whats going on in my mind, but dont act like every losing game is the first time your life wasnt perfect.
- The higher the stakes, the higher the tempers. Elo soft reset just happened, and i began playing ranked on the first day. In the games, nobody complained about trolls, afk and noobs because they were playing to win. And at the end of the day, high stakes (50-ish elo is pretty high as you wont get another chance to raise your elo by such large amounts for a while) created high tempers. Those who did not achieve what they hoped for, began to post on forums and complain to friends that solo queue was absolute **** and that they had the worst luck in the world. I went on lolking to discover that a teammate of mine who complained after a loss had played 6 matches, going 3/3 and staying relatively the same elo as before. From what i could see, everyone had played competently in all of his games but because he could only believe that it was not in partial his fault for those 3 losses, the 50% win rate suddenly became a hell for him, because he did not get what he wanted. We are not children, we still want things but we earn and we are not given.
FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT TO READ EVERYTHING
1. Solo queue is not for people who play perfect each game. I the end one side wins, the other loses.
2. Sure theres bad luck, but for the majority of you, its your fault, or your success that has you where you are.
3. Fix your attitude. The world is not on your shoulders, but you dont stand on top of the world.
4. Every reaction is from an action. You do bad, bad happens. You do good, good happens. Solo Queue is for those who work for it.
Bump if you want idc but i would be happy knowing that more people read this. I'd also like to know your opinions whether im right or wrong and if you disagree, theres absolutely no problem with that