Originally Posted by The Boss FBH
I lose games because of things i cant control. ie afks trolls leavers feeders etc etc. I also win games when i dont get those people.
We have a winner.
Case A: You lose games when you have trolls/leavers/feeders/etc on your team.
Case B: You also win games when those people aren't in your match.
Case C: You also win games when those people are on the enemy team.
Now, Case A happens at some rate, which I'll tell you right now is NOT higher than 44.4% of your matches.
Case C, on the other hand, happens at a rate that is directly related to Case A. Statistics can show us (and I'll prove it to you if you'd like) that Case C happens about 20% more often than Case A.
So now, automatically, even if 44.4% of your games you have a troll on your team, and the other 55.6% of the games, the troll is on the enemy team, you're winning games and gaining Elo. All it takes to gain Elo is having a win rate over 50%.
Now, let's use a more realistic rate for the number of games in which you have a troll on your team. Let's say it's something more like 20% of your games.
Statistics will prove to us that in 24% of your games, the troll is on the enemy team.
So that's 44% of your games, if we're talking about 1000 games, that's 200 losses and 240 wins. We have 560 games left. Even if you only manage a 50% win rate in the completely troll-less games, that's 280 wins and losses.
So all together, that's 520 wins and 480 losses, or a 52% win rate. You'll gain Elo in this model. Slowly, but surely.
Yes, you may get unwinnable matches due to a troll or feeder on the team. But if your skill level, relative to the other 9 players in the match, is so close that the one troll on your team has more of an impact on your winning chances than your personal skill, then the same can be said about an enemy troll. If you can't prevent a teammate troll from causing your team to lose, then you can't prevent an enemy troll from causing your team to win. Both teams get trolls.