EDIT: Due to the increasing volume of interested players, our limited time for tryouts, and the need to make a decision soon, I will only be contacting Diamond and Platinum players for now. I will still be accepting all friend requests, but if you are below Platinum, I cannot promise a tryout. If you truly feel you deserve one, send me your pitch and I'll consider it. I appreciate everyone's patience. Thanks.
It is our goal to stand on a stage in front of thousands of fans cheering our names, hoisting a trophy so high and proud that a chilling rush surges through our spines, knowing that hundreds of thousands are watching us from their computers at home as we live our dream. It is our goal to assemble a team of players willing to dedicate every breath in their body to success, without fear. To create a family of brothers working together to turn one dream into a reality.
It begins with qualifying for the Championship Series.
We are Calamity Gaming, currently consisting of 4 starting players and 1 sub. But we're incomplete without a core of 5 players to consistently practice with. We placed 2nd in the National ESL Season IV Open, tied for 9th in two IPL5 Qualifiers, and 11th in the IEM Guangzhou, China Qualifier. You should be able to tell a lot about us simply from our attitude in regards to our goal, but if you'd like to know more about the team or players specifically, please feel free to contact me in-game: CLTY Plasma.
Or take a quoted opinion about Calamity Gaming from a real pro:
"They are a hard working up and coming team! If you're looking for a team check them out"
- Cody 'Elementz' Sigfusson
- Players of all roles will be considered, with the following priority: Mid > Top > Support > Jungle > AD
- Minimum 17 years of age as of February 8, 2013
- Resident of North America
- Flexible availability for practice (30 hrs/week minimum)
- No ragers, no exceptions
- Very communicative with a mic and Mumble, or Skype alternatively
- Ability to either 1) shot call at a VERY high level or 2) follow calls from a designated caller without hesitation or dispute
- Capable of giving and taking critisism in a composed manner
- Open to the idea of living in a team house in the Los Angeles area in 2013
- A desire to put in the hard work with dedication and the proper direction and methodology necessary to succeed
- Willingness to learn and play whatever champions are necessary to give the team the highest chance of success
- Not a dick (simply put) and not offended easily
- And lastly: Yes, there is no Elo rating requirement, but we are looking for a very high level of skill. We will be looking at your rating and past statistics as an initial gauge of skill to determine whether or not a tryout is worth the time.
The standard we're looking for is the skill of a typical platinum-level player at minimum. So if you have a Gold rating, you better be sure you can easily handle the typical 1800 player - otherwise you're wasting our time.
If you believe you pass those requirements and share our goal, then please contact me in-game by adding "CLTY Plasma". Thank you.