Originally Posted by Morello
No, it's a good question - I think about this a lot. I'd like them to be good because it's a new way to experience the game that might not have to be fundamentally broken. It's one of those problems that has low impact now, but would let us make the game better if we can sit down and tackle it. It's been tough to justify, to myself, prioritizing it over the other things we've been working on.
I think I could live with making them fighters. I wouldn't be *happy*, but I could live with it.
I guess the thing is, it feels like there is a simple solution (reduce the dumb about of kit power and snowballing, with an actual laning phase and good stickiness), but you haven't had time to do it.
Example rough sketch for Fiora:
* Burst of speed's stacking autoattack MS bonus is now passive
* Burst of Speed active now scales 40>80% AS
* Lunge first cast is a line-damage nuke that moves Fiora in a direction
* Riposte now reflects next CC or autoattack, and blocks all onhits/autoattack-based-CC
* -10 to passive AD bonus on W
Or at least try something like this. The problem with melee carries is that they are the exact opposite of characters like Irelia; they do a few things stupidly well and have the best scaling in the game, but have no answer to enough that you just... can't properly function reliably.