My issues with this penalty:
1. AFKs - Someone is afk during champ selection. They are placed with random X hero they've never played before. Game is now effectivly a 4v5.
2. Mundo with Clarity - Obious problem. Idiocy.
3. Lack of Tank/Support/DPS in team composition - A lack of a solid team composition often ends games at the starting fountain.
4. Heros like Warwick, Heimer, Gragas, Evelynn, etc - These heros are generally regarded as terrible. Having them on your team is effecticly a 4v5.
These are problems because they all effect me. These things ruin the fun I may have had playing this game. Though these are problem, atleast a few are easily fixable!
1. An option to dodge as a team if someone hasnt selected a champion by 15 seconds.
2. Unfixable. Idiocy is not something easier fixed. An easier report system would be nice though.
3. Have a "Queue as" system. 4 types of options. Queue as: Tank, Phys, Mage, Support. Match a mix of atleast one of each. Voiala. Insta team.
4. Fix your **** hero balance. If you havnt noticed something is wrong, you should be shot. Every tier list ever created has the same "Top tier heros" and the same "Dodge if you see these heros" list. Nerf the top tier, buff the dodge tier. Warwick, Gragas, Heimer, Evelynn, etc, all need love. Nerf TF, Twitch, Alistar, Sivir, Fiddle, etc, etc.
Im sure Ill get down rated for this, Id rather put my opinion out there then +1 Pendragon like half the forum fanbois.
Edit: I wanted to point out that the "If you want to pick your team, make a premade" logic is so fail it isnt even funny. Allow me to premade without getting matched with people who are significantly 'better' then me, and Ill do this. The option of
1. Queue with a fail team/hero/abilities/whatever
2. Premade and get placed at a significantly higher elo bracket are both fail beyond belief.