Originally Posted by PhuQPayMe
I am seeing alot of nasus guides coming out and most of them are not that good.
1. Leveling SS over SF and wither is ****ing ******ed. You need 1 point in SS thats it. You need wither for closing on kills and you need spirit fire to farm gold and debuff your targets.(This is not directed at the OP.
2. The more I use nasus the more I come to the conclusion that chalice is a waste of early money for him. It is also a waste of a late game item slot. Masteries/Runes should be used to take care of mana problems.
3. Why would you sell chalice when you still have empty item slots? That's not smart.
4. Last whisper over starks???? LOL
5. Merc treads. There is no other option unless your opponent has all phys dps without any form of CC. You said yourself CC is the death of him.
6. I am starting to believe sheen/triforce is not that good on him especially late game. Early game it is pretty good. It is definately over rated in my opinion.
@ 3, The reason to sell the chalice is that you buy a mana manipulator, and sell the chalice (650~g) to get the Soul Shroud, it has a mana regen aura. At that time you wouldn't need the chalice anyway.
@ 2 Yes, runes/masteries do take care of the mana problems, but for people who do not have them its nice to have. They can also pick up golem early in the game to help with the mana issues too.
@ 4 This is mainly a 'solo queue' guide, if your into the premades, Starks > LW, unless one of your teammates get Starks.
and @ 5, agree