Lore: Within the great walls of Demacia, there was a blacksmith named Tolmek, he made many weapons during the rune wars prior to the founding of the League of Legends, and even after it's founding, he still made honest work crafting and repairing the various weapons needed by the Institute of War to conduct their games. This soon changed when a new champion by the name of Jax joined the league. At first Tolmek was proud to see his handiwork used by such a skilled fighter, but his pride soon turned to rage to see the fighter handle his weapons with such disregard. When Jax was forced to use a common pole as his weapon, and still had the audacity to brag how he could make anything a weapon, the final straw was placed on Tolmek's back, and vanished from his home. When a Demacian soldier checked the forge to understand his sudden departure, he was in shock to see the walls of the forge lined with articles from the Journal of Justice, all articles praising the skills of Jax. He then found a note on the anvil that once helped craft some of the finest weapons in Runeterra, stating only one line.
"A true weapon is one that was forged to be a weapon, this mockery shall not stand"
Tolmek is a melee based bruiser who relies on smart use of his various weapons to adapt to the situations on the battlefield.
Passive: Battle Tempered Gear: Tolmek gains bonus attack damage every time he strikes a champion, and gains bonus Armor and Magic resistance every time an enemy champion strikes him with an attack or ability. Both these bonuses stack up to 5 times, and last up to 10 seconds at level 18. At 5 stacks, his weapon or armor will begin to glow with superheated fury, granting his attacks bonus magic damage with 5 offensive stack, and his armor will damage nearby enemies for magic damage over time at 5 defensive stacks.
Q: Draw Greatsword/ Arc Cleave: When cast Tolmek replaces his current weapon with his greatsword, granting bonus attack damage passively. If cast when the greatsword is the actively equipped weapon, Tolmek swings his sword in a 180 degree arc in front of him,for 70/135/190/230/270 + .6 AD doing up to 40% more damage to enemies closer in the center of the arc. (12 second CD)
W: Raise Shield/ Clear a Path!: Tolmek replaces his current weapon with his shield, granting bonus armor and magic resist passively. If cast when his shield is up, Tolmek raises his shield for 5 seconds, losing the ability to attack, but gains bonus movement speed a flat % damage reduction. In addition, any unit Tolmek collides with during the time, ally or enemy, will be tossed 300 units aside. Enemies hit by his charge will take 80/140/200/260/320 + .25 AD physical damage, allies will not take damage. (20 second CD)
E: Equip Claws/ Lacerate: Tolmek replaces his weapon with a pair of clawblades, granting a passive (10/20/30/40/50%)attack speed boost. If cast when using the clawblades, Tolmek will unleash a furious strike on his target, dealing (60/120/180/210/280 + .6 AD)causing them to bleed for 5 seconds. If the target is already bleeding, Lacerate does 50% bonus damage in addition to refreshing the bleed. (4 second CD)
R: Forgemaster's Fury / Forgemaster's Flames: Tolmek unleashes his full power, equipping all his weapons at once, gaining access to all their passive skills, as well as letting him cast any of his weapon skills as well. In addition casting Forgemaster's Fury again will cause Tolmek to cause a burst of molten slag from the forge strapped to his back, covering nearby enemies who will burn for 200/325/450 + 1.0 AD Magic Damage, but ending the Forgemaster's fury buff. At higher ranks the duration increases and the cooldown lowers. (7/12/15 sec duration, 210/170/120 sec CD)
- When you change weapons, you cannot change back to the previous weapon for 10 seconds, this is affected by CDR
- Tolmek is an excellent duelest, try and keep enemy champions engaged in combat with you as often as possible
- Tolmek can use Clear a Path! to save allies from getting hit by a dangerous skillshot, can give an opening for an ally to land a skillshot on an enemy, or to escape an otherwise dangerous situation. Coordinate the use of this skill with your allies.
- Arc Cleave can grant you many stacks of your passive if used in a teamfight.
- Lacerate's damage bonus will work alongside other bleed effects, such as Noxian Diplomacy or Hemmorage.
- If your ultimate is not up and a teamfight is happening, scout your situation and make sure you enter battle with the proper weapon
- Summoned minions of enemy champions will still grant stacks when they attack you
- Tolmek relies mostly on physical damage, building armor works well
- Tolmek does not possess any ranged abilities, so harassing him from afar is a wise plan.
- Refrain from using DoT effects on Tolmek as it assists his passive greatly
- Try using champions who have a strong single attack burst skill like Nasus to cause a lot of damage to Tolmek without letting his passive gain too many stacks