Originally Posted by GGWHITEBOY
is this the bug where LoL crashes at character Loading screen??
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Right at the loading screen popped up, everything was blue and couldn't see anything other than the blue outline of the champions. The program then immediately closed out and a bug reporter thing showed up.
I subsequently tried to run it on compatibility (xp, vista) and administrator but nothing worked. I even rebooted to no avail. I've been playing LOL since last year and never had a hiccup except for this patch.
To be more specific of what I saw that could've caused it was this:
1. I clicked on the LoL launcher.
2. The software was automatically patching itself.
3. About half-way through it froze.. completely.
4. After which i restarted the client and the patcher started over.
5. About halfway again, instead of freezing, it just ZOOMED to complete 100% from 40%. I thought that was weird.
6. I started the game with 5 of my friends and everytime I tried to relog in, BLUE SCREEN at character/game loading.
So I tried the following:
1. Run the LoL Repair tool at the launcher. (Didn't work, it errored out somehow)
2. Uninstall LoL.
3. Redownload LoL from Leagueoflegends.com.
4. Reinstall LoL
5. During reinstallation process, this error occurs:
File: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\air\assets\storeImages\content\champions\c hamdc2c.rra
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.
No matter what I do, I can't get around this... I mean come on.. I UNINSTALLED IT already and am starting over fresh.. So I don't know why this wouldn't let me reinstall.
I've spent more than $300 (that's a PS3 mind you) in this game and it would be a shame for me to stop playing this outright. Please help!!!!!!!!!