RIOT GAMES, INC. COMIC LOLZ CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Disclaimer. Except in the event of willful or grossly negligent conduct, Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest, for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control.
3. Contest Period. The Contest shall commence on August 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PT”) (the “Commencement Date”), and shall continue in duration until August 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM PT (the "Deadline"). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee shall be the sole determiner of all contest-related dates and time periods.
4. Entry in the Contest. Beginning on the Commencement Date, you may enter the Contest by completing the web form at http://woobox.com/szdku8 with your contest submission attached (an “Entry”). Each Entry must be in the following format: .jpg, the file size of which shall not exceed 5 MB. YOUR SUBMISSION MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND YOUR LEAGUEOFLEGEND.COM’S ACCOUNT IN-GAME USER NAME (”SUMMONER” NAME.)
Each Entry is subject to the following terms and conditions:
Each entrant shall retain its ownership interest and applicable intellectual property rights in and to its Entry. However, each entrant (hereinafter, in the event the entrant is a minor, the entrant’s respective parent or legal guardian) hereby grants Sponsor, and its agents, affiliates, successors and assigns a perpetual, irrevocable, universal, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, distribute, and commercially exploit the Entry in any manner and for any purposes in connection to the Contest and the Sponsor’s advertising and marketing endeavors as further explained below. Each Entry is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Sponsor retains the right to edit all Entries in any manner and for any purpose, but is under no obligation to do so. Each Entrant hereby represents and warrants that it owns the Entry (and the content therein) submitted by it, or that it otherwise has the right to grant use thereof as set forth in this section, and that the posting and or subsequent commercial use of said Entry does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright, trademark rights, contract rights, publishing rights, or any other rights of any person or entity. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Entry for any purpose, including, but not limited to, posting, commercial sales, reproduction, disclosure, advertising and promotional activities, distribution, transmission, publication, and broadcast. Sponsor reserves the right to use any ideas, concepts, knowledge, or techniques contained in the Entry for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products and/or services using such information, and each entrant acknowledges and understands there shall be no payment, consideration, royalties or other compensation from Sponsor, its agents, affiliates or assigns for use of said Entry or the content therein. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. In the event that the rights in and to the Entry cannot be licensed to the extent required by this paragraph pursuant to the local law in which the entrant resides, the foregoing licensing of rights shall be modified to the extent necessary to comply with such local law while giving Sponsor the maximum rights possible to use and exploit the Entry. Further, each Entrant and its respective heirs, hereby indemnify, discharge, release, and hold Sponsor, and any applicable Co-Sponsor together with their respective parents, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns and their respective directors, members, shareholders, officers, employees, agents and representatives (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless from any action and/or liability, in any form or manner, arising from any infringement of any third party’s rights, inclusive of attorneys’ fees and costs in connection to the Entry.
In the event an Entry is deemed the Grand prize winner of this Contest, the entrant further agrees that it shall not seek to market, distribute, sell, sublicense, or otherwise commercially exploit the Entry in any form or manner without the express, written permission of the Sponsor. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
Grand Prize. 2 winning Entries shall be awarded one Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Keyboard, one Razer Naga Hex Mouse, one Razer Carcharias headset, one Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Mat, one Razer Mouse Bungee, and 15,000 RP. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $682.04 USD.
Second Place. 5 winning Entries shall be awarded one Razer Naga Hex Mouse, one Razer Goliathus Mid-sized Mouse Mat, one Razer Mouse Bungee, and 7,000 RP. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $188.82 USD.
Third Place. 10 winning Entries shall receive one Razer Naga Hex Mouse and 5,000 RP. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $118.45 USD.
Special Mention. 15 winning Entries shall receive one Razer Goliathus Mid-sized Mouse Mat and 4,000 RP. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) is $65.76 USD.
The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Contest is $4035.66 USD. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
ALL FEDERAL, NATIONAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND/OR LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded provided there are sufficient qualified entries. Prizes returned as undeliverable, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control, or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize in its sole discretion. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. Judging. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall choose the Grand Prize winner on or about August 31, 2012 from all entrants who have submitted an Entry prior to the Deadline. Sponsor shall then select a small pool from the remaining entrants that will be eligible for Summoner’s Choice. The prize of Summoner’s Choice will be given to that entrant who received the highest number of votes from Sponsor’s online community. Winners will be notified by e-mail (or any other appropriate method) immediately after determination by Sponsor. To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification and sign the included Winner’s Affidavit, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules and a release of liability. Each winner must submit the signed Winner’s Affidavit by Sept 14, 2012. If a winner does not submit the Winner’s Affidavit by such date, that winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the Contest, and Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select a replacement winner. Winners shall be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion (or by Sponsor’s online community, as applicable and as approved by Sponsor) based upon the following criteria: (i) originality; (ii) creativity; and (iii) aural appeal, with equal weight being given to each criterion. The decision of Sponsor is final.
7. Sponsor Use Entrants’ Names and Likenesses. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final for all purposes hereunder, and agree that: Sponsor and its successors, affiliates, agents and assigns, may use, edit, alter, (unless prohibited by law) their names, likenesses, images, photographs, voices, signature, city/nation/state/province of residence, biographical information and prizes for advertising, trade and promotion in any media or format now or hereafter known, including on the Internet, including, but not limited to, social media applications, or via wireless application protocol, without further compensation, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law.
8. General Release. By entering the Contest, each respective entrant hereby releases, discharges, indemnifies, and holds the Released Parties harmless from any liability whatsoever, in the event of personal injury, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, notification errors, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, to the extent permitted by law except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. Some jurisdictions do not allow (i) the exclusion of implied warranties on applicable statutory rights; and in the case of the countries of the United Kingdom, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Spain, (ii) limitations on a contracting party's liability with regards to damages or death caused due to its negligence or intentional misconduct, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply in some cases. Without limiting the foregoing, each entrant hereby waives application of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Entrant expressly waives the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waive any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Contest. Entrants and the winner further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Official Rules and the Contest.
9. General Entry Rules: Any individual or entrant who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, entry under multiple identities, or any software program or uses any other device, method, or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, false entries as determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to review and investigate all Entries and to take any and all measures it deems necessary to ensure a fair Contest. Mutilated, lost, illegible, corrupted, or incomplete Entries will be deemed ineligible, disqualified and void.
Sponsor, together with its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers (including all prize providers), printers, and distributors, and the respective directors, members, shareholders, officers, employees, representatives and agents of each and any other person or entity related in any way to this Contest are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error that may occur in winner notification or other Contest-related communications, or the processing, review, or tabulation of the entries in this Contest, or for any printing errors in these Official Rules. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause) beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, or the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or these Official Rules, and/or select the winners from the Entries received prior to the implementation of the disruptive action, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY FRAUDULENT ENTRIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, entrant and winners who do not comply with these Official Rules or otherwise attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way may be disqualified.
ALL DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
10. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope by Sept 14, 2012 to Sponsor at the following address: “Songs of the Summoned III: Champion Rocks – Winner’s List”, c/o Riot Games, Inc., 2450 Broadway #100, Santa Monica, CA 90404. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address: “Songs of the Summoned III: Champion Rocks – Rules Request”, c/o Riot Games, Inc., 2450 Broadway #100, Santa Monica, CA 90404. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
11. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2012 Riot Games, Inc., and its licensors. All rights reserved.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of California, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws, will govern the Contest and these Official Rules. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the state and federal courts seated in Los Angeles County, California, and the related appellate courts, in any related action or proceeding. As a condition of participating in the Contest, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including reasonably attorneys' fees), other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest) and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Miscellaneous. . If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to Riot Games, Inc., “Songs of the Summoned III: Champion Rocks” c/o Riot Games, Inc., 2450 Broadway #100, Santa Monica, CA 90404.
14. Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if an individual or an entity has a good faith belief that an Entry submitted by an entrant infringes upon any third party copyright, please notify us by mail at Sponsors address below, attention Copyright Department, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line stating “Copyright.” The DMCA notice MUST include the following: (i) describe the alleged infringement in detail; (ii) the copyright owner or who retains authorized use; (iii) the URL(s) where the alleged infringement can be located; (iv) a statement indicating your authorization to file a DMCA complaint; (v) how you may be contacted; and (vi) any DMCA notice must also contain the following statement:
“I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material described above is not authorized by the copyright owner or its agent, nor is such use otherwise permissible under law. I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information presented herein is accurate, that I am authorized to represent the copyright holder, and I have a good faith belief that the use is infringing.”
15. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Riot Games, Inc., 2450 Broadway #100, Santa Monica, CA 90404.