RIOT GAMES, INC. DEMACIAN DELICACIES CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Disclaimer. Except in the event of willful or grossly negligent conduct, Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest, for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control.
3. Contest Period. The Contest shall commence on August 3, 2010 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Commencement Date”), and shall continue in duration until August 17, 2010 at 11:59 PM PT (the "Deadline"). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Entry in the Contest. Beginning on the Commencement Date, you may enter the Contest by sending an email to email@example.com with your contest submission attached (an “Entry”). Each Entry must include your version of the new League of Legends photo in .JPG, .BMP .GIF or .PNG format .
Multiple Entries into the Contest are allowed, however each separate Entry requires that you submit a different content submission. Any Entries or submissions which depict or glorify lewd, obscene, vulgar or profane behavior, which utilize lewd, obscene, vulgar or profane language, either as part of the submission or as the name of the submission, that violate the Terms of Service or are otherwise deemed to be unsuitable for any reason, will be disqualified at the reasonable discretion of Sponsor.
Grand Prize. A total of 5 Grand Prizes consisting of 5000 Riot Points . The retail value of each prize is US $35 .
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded provided there are sufficient qualified entries. Prizes returned as undeliverable, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control, or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize in its sole discretion. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. Judging. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall choose the winners on or about August 31, 2010 from all entrants who have submitted an Entry prior to the Deadline. Winners will be notified by e-mail (or any other appropriate method) immediately after determination by Sponsor. To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification and sign the included Winner’s Affidavit, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules and a release of liability. Each winner must submit the signed Winner’s Affidavit by September 12, 2010 . If a winner does not submit the Winner’s Affidavit by such date, that winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the Contest, and Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select a replacement winner. Winners shall be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion based upon the following criteria: (i) originality; (ii) creativity; and (iii) aesthetic appeal, with equal weight being given to each criterion. The decision of Sponsor is final.
7. Sponsor Use of Entries and Entrants’ Names and Likenesses. All Entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission. Additionally, you hereby grant to Sponsor a fully paid up, perpetual, worldwide license and right to use and utilize your name, membership user name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance, in whole or in part, as the foregoing may be rendered in the Entry Materials and/or in connection with the Contest and Sponsor’s promotion or other exploitation thereof, regardless of whether such use is in conjunction with Sponsor’s use of the Entry Materials. You hereby waive any and all moral rights in all Entry Materials. The Entry Materials will not be returned to any Entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph 7. You may not sell, sublicense or distribute the Entry Materials or any derivative of the Entry Materials without the express, written permission of Sponsor. In the event that the rights in and to the Entry Materials cannot be assigned to the extent required by this paragraph pursuant to the local law in which the Entrant resides, the foregoing assignment of rights shall be modified to the extent necessary to comply with such local law while giving Sponsor the maximum rights possible to use and exploit the Entry Materials.
8. Representations and Warranties. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, with the exception of liability for willful conduct and gross negligence and with the exception of liability for willful conduct and negligence in the event of personal injury, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, to the extent permitted by law except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. Some jurisdictions do not allow (i) the exclusion of implied warranties on applicable statutory rights; and in the case of the countries of the United Kingdom, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Spain, (ii) limitations on a contracting party's liability with regards to damages or death caused due to its negligence or intentional misconduct, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply in some cases.
10. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after August 3, 2010 and before September 5, 2010 to Sponsor at the following address: “Demacian Delicacies Contest – Winner’s List”, c/o Riot Games, Inc., 10736 Jefferson Blvd. #622, Culver City, CA 90230 . To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address: “Demacian Delicacies Contest – Rules Request”, c/o Riot Games, Inc., 10736 Jefferson Blvd. #622, Culver City, CA 90230. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
11. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2010 Riot Games, Inc, and its licensors. All rights reserved.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of California, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws, will govern the Contest and these Official Rules. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the state and federal courts seated in Los Angeles County, California, and the related appellate courts, in any related action or proceeding. As a condition of participating in the Contest, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including reasonably attorneys' fees), other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest) and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to Riot Games, Inc., “Demacian Delicacies", c/o Riot Games, Inc., 10736 Jefferson Blvd. #622, Culver City, CA 90230].
14. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Riot Games, Inc., 10736 Jefferson Blvd. #622, Culver City, CA 90230.