Calling for more LoLz! We’ve been laughing and lauding, giggling and guffawing over all the comic cleverness submitted so far, but you’ve raised some great questions and we’re updating the contest based on your feedback!
We’d really appreciate if you’d stick with our 1333x2133 pixel template (or 2133x1333 if you’re using the horizontal template), but we will not be disqualifying entries that aren’t using pixel-perfect versions so long as they are using the template.
This isn’t as much an update as a clarification, but we wanted to be explicit about the fact you can use physical media to produce your comic. However, if you paint, draw, crayon, chalk, etch or any other verb a physical version, you must scan it to convert to a digital file, specifically a JPG or JPEG.
Entries submitted before this update will be evaluated (or re-evaluated) with the above changes in mind.
As a reminder, the contest started on January 25th and runs through February 15th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Judging for the contest begins on February 17th and ends on February 24 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Like any contest, this comes with the usual official rules and legal small print. If you haven’t yet, be sure to do your due diligence and check them out before you get started! Also, check out the FAQ or ask a question in the comments below if you’ve got more questions.
Submit your entries here once you’ve read through the boring bits.
We’ve explained the changes above but check out the revised rules below if you want to review everything in one place!
- Be LoL-inspired: in addition to making us giggle loud enough to disturb neighbors, your comic must have a clear League of Legends theme.
- Use the template: while many of us doodled our way to artistic mastery coloring outside the lines, this time we’re going to be sticklers and insist that your comic is created using our template file and submitted as a JPG (or JPEG). Choose from the horizontal (JPG, PSD) or vertical (JPG, PSD) format, but if your creative craving calls for another dimension or a novel-sized graphic opus, this isn’t the contest for it.
- Trinket time: In the 2014 season, everybody’s got new vision toys to tinker with. It doesn’t have to be the center of attention, but you gotta draw, paint or mention at least one of the new trinkets in your tale.
- Don’t cheat: these contests are about creativity, so tracing outdated online comics won’t win you points; submit your original work, created in the contest timeframe, or face the wrath of our elite team of anti-fraud ninjas.
- Keep it clean: we all enjoy a dirty joke now and then, but for equal-opportunity fanfare and celebration, these comics need to be age-appropriate for the youngest players.
- Size matters: We’ve got all sorts of new-fangled gadgets that compress and unzip things, but for this contest, let’s agree that 10 MB is the max.
- Be colorful: like dinosaurs and power rangers, we’re drawn to bright colors, so you can imagine how to catch our eye (hint: bright colors are the way to catch our eye).
- English language: There are tons of ways to get a laugh that don’t need words at all; we want to emphasize that while reviewers for the contest will primarily be English-language readers, the contest is open to all eligible players!
- Sign your work: We’re including a nifty blank space for your nom de comique, and we’d really appreciate it if you’d use it. By which we mean you’ve got to sign your art if you want to win.
- No Photos: We love cosplay, and awesome stories in photo form can be some of the best around, but for this contest, any photographic “comics” would be disqualified. If your comic comes in physical form, this rule still applies. Photographing a physical comic is not allowed. You must scan the IRL version to convert it to a digital file.
As a reminder of what’s at stake:
Five (Two from Riot and Three From the Community) Grand Prize winners will snag:
Five Runner Up winners will snag:
Five Honorable Mention winners will snag: