FORUM CONTEST MASTER OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Riot Games, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) conducts a variety of forum contests from time to time (each, a “Contest”) for which these Master Official Rules shall apply. Given the nature of the Contests, each Entrant (as defined below) understands that the forum post describing the respective Contest (the “Posting”) shall include the following Contest details that are hereby incorporated by reference in these Master Official Rules:
1. Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the United States or Canada who is thirteen (13) years of age or older at time of entry. Residents of the U.S. states of Arizona and Massachusetts and the province of Quebec, Canada are not eligible to enter, participate, or win. Eligible League of Legends (the “Game”) players (each, an “Entrant”) must have a valid Game account (“Account”) during the Contest and a valid email address connected to the Account. Sponsor may verify the Entrant’s email address. Void in the U.S. states of Arizona and Massachusetts and in the province of Quebec, Canada. Void where prohibited by law.
For each and every Contest, employees and their immediate family members (parent, sibling, children and spouse, and any person residing in the same household whether related or not) of Sponsor, and all other entities connected to the Contest, or their respective parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and their advertising and promotion agencies, and all other companies associated with the Contest, and their respective agents, officers, and directors, and all individuals, including, but not limited to, consultants, independent contractors, so-called “temporary employees,” former employees and interns (and their immediate family members) who have, within the past six months, performed professional services for the Sponsor, or any affiliated entity or company, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Contest Period: Each Contest Period shall terminate according to the schedule designated in the Posting (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor shall be the determiner of all Contest-related time periods.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, Entrants must log in to the League of Legend’s website and follow the Posting’s directions to enter and participate in the Contest. Any eligible Entrant who chooses to participate in the Contest during the Contest Period is thereby automatically entered in the Contest.
3. How to Win: In Sponsor’s sole discretion, the eligible Entrant(s) who most closely fulfills the “How To Win” criteria stated in the Posting shall be the winner(s) of the Contest. In the event that a Contest requires the submission of user generated content (as further described below) as a condition to enter and participate, the Contest judge(s) shall select the winner(s) based on the submission’s creativity, originality, and compliance with the aforementioned winning criteria, with each element given equal weight.
In the event of a tie, each Entrant so engaged shall compete in an additional round(s) based on the particular Contest’s How To Win criteria until such time that a winner is determined by the Contest judge(s) in its sole discretion.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
4. Prizes: The prizes awarded (and corresponding approximate retail value) shall be those as described in the Posting.
Within twenty four (24) hours of the Contest’s conclusion and confirmation of the Winner’s(s) eligibility, Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) either via: (i) email on how to claim the prize; (ii) the forum on which the Contest was originally posted on how to claim the prize; or (iii) automatically award the prize to the Entrant.
Odds of winning: The odds of winning a prize offered in each Contest depend on the number of entries received and the skill of each eligible Entrant.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH ENTRANT. Any difference between the stated estimated value of the prizes and their actual value will not be awarded. Winner(s) agree to accept prizes “as is.”
The prizes are nonrefundable and winners can’t transfer a prize to someone else. Sponsor is not required to (but may, at its sole discretion) offer substitutions, a cash redemption or alternative to the prizes awarded under this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. The prizes awarded are subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prizes and/or included with the prizes.
5. Use of Submissions: In the event a Contest requires user generated content (including but not limited to writings, photographs, artwork, or other content, each, as applicable, a “Submission”) be submitted by an eligible Entrant in order to participate in the Contest, all Submissions are subject to the following terms and conditions: (i) Each Entrant shall retain its ownership interest and applicable intellectual property rights in and to its Submission. However, each Entrant (or, in the event the Entrant is a minor, its parent or legal guardian) hereby grants Sponsor, and its agents, affiliates, successors and assigns a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, edit, publish and republish, and distribute, all Submissions (or variations thereof) in any manner and media, for any purposes in connection to the Contest, in any and all content within the Game, and in the Sponsor’s merchandising, advertising and marketing endeavors. Each Entrant hereby represents and warrants that it owns the Submission (and the content therein) submitted by it, or that it otherwise has the right to grant use thereof as set forth in this section, and that the use of said Submission does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright, trademark rights, contract rights, or any other rights of any person or entity. Entrant understands and agrees there shall be no consideration, royalties or other compensation from Sponsor, its agents, affiliates or assigns for use of the Submission or the content therein. Further, each Entrant and its respective heirs, hereby indemnifies, discharges, releases, and holds the Contest Entities (as defined below) together with their respective parents, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns and their respective directors, members, shareholders, officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless from any action and/or liability, in any form or manner, arising from any infringement of any third party’s rights, inclusive of attorneys’ fees and costs in connection to the Submission. If you do not agree to these terms, do not enter the Contest.
(ii) Any Submission that Sponsor deems inappropriate, including, but not limited to, content that is offensive, defamatory, indecent, disparaging, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing, or illegal, or which constitutes an unlawful invasion of privacy, or which in any manner violates these Official Rules, shall be deemed null and void.
6. General Entry Rules: Use of the Internet provides an opportunity for manipulation, alteration, cheating, hacking, or other fraudulent activities connected to the Contest. ENTRANTS CANNOT CHEAT OR USE ANY FRAUDULENT OR ILLEGAL METHOD OF ANY KIND TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE CONTEST. In addition, use of multiple identities and/or proxy servers is strictly prohibited and is grounds for disqualification. Sponsor in its sole discretion may determine what constitutes cheating or a fraudulent method and take appropriate action as needed. This includes suspension of the Contest, Entrant suspension, disqualification, etc., as decided by the Sponsor.
Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, printers, and distributors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and any other person or entity related in any way to this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), are not responsible for late entries, technical, hardware, gaming or miscellaneous software, viruses, or network or electronic malfunctions of any kind, which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error that may occur in winner notification or other Contest-related communications, or for any printing or posting errors in these Official Rules. If a printing, Posting, or other error results in more prizes are being claimed than the number stated in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
If for any reason (including, but not limited to misconduct referenced above) that is beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities such as the malfunctions referenced above and/or communications errors of any kind, that corrupts or affects the fairness or proper conduct of this Contest, then, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor shall have the right, to alter, administer, reset, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend these Official Rules and/or the Contest, or take other action as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor. Sponsor retains the right to modify or delete content, data, characters, accounts, statistics, user profiles, and any other information created, accumulated, stored or uploaded to the Game at any time and for any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
ALL DECISIONS BY THE SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE MASTER OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
7. Release and Indemnification: By entering, Entrants hereby agree: (i) Contest Entities may use (unless prohibited by law) their names, Account name, likenesses, images, photographs, voices, cities/states/countries of residence, biographical information, and the prizes for advertising and promotion in any media of any kind including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, worldwide and in perpetuity, and without further compensation, permission or notification; and (ii) unconditionally and irrevocably release, indemnify, forever discharge and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, liens, agreements, suits, costs, attorneys’ fees, damages, judgments, orders, and liabilities of whatever kind or nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, and whether or not concealed or hidden inclusive of any claims for damage to property, personal injury, illness, mental illness, or death, or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, and all third party intellectual property claims (collectively the “Released Claims”), in any way arising directly or indirectly out of entrants’ or Entrants’ participation in the Contest, and/or the prizes. Each Entrant hereby waives application of the state of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Entrant expressly waives the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waives any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Contest. Entrants and the winner(s) further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Master Official Rules and the Contest.
Entrants may be required to reply to Sponsor’s email confirming the above and the winner’s eligibility, or prizes may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate.
8. Miscellaneous Conditions: The Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between Entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the County of Los Angeles, State of California, United States of America, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. Further, in the event any provision of these Master Official Rules is held illegal or unenforceable in a judicial proceeding, such provision shall be severed and shall be null and void; however, the remainder of these Master Official Rules shall remain valid, operative, and binding.
10. Winners List and Official Rules: You may request the name of the Winners and official rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope within 60 days after the end of the Contest Period to: Riot Games, Inc. 2450 Broadway St. Suite 100, Santa Monica, CA USA 90404 Attn: Forum Contests. You must identify the Contest Period in your winners’ request. Residents of the U.S. states of WA and VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
11. Copyright Notice: The Contest, the Game, and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2012 Riot Games, Inc., and its respective licensors. All rights are reserved.
12. Sponsor: Riot Games, Inc. 2450 Broadway St. Suite 100, Santa Monica, CA USA 90404.